Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

2 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I’ve heard from someone who was at last Monday’s AGM that not one person put themselves forward for the 4 available positions to be on the board, they are left with a chairman and vice chairman! How can they possibly operate like this??

Doesn’t surprise me after the nonsense of the last 2-3 seasons. With Bonnyrigg promoted and the CSS top man leaving because of the distrust in the rest of them, they’ve lost the only 2 people with any bit of credibility. The league is a shambles now

prorege on the NonLeagueMatters web site is hinting that there may be significant news on Tuesday (or at least that's how I read it).

Time for big changes in who runs the League perhaps? 

18 minutes ago, Dev said:

prorege on the NonLeagueMatters web site is hinting that there may be significant news on Tuesday (or at least that's how I read it).

Time for big changes in who runs the League perhaps? 

I believe (From the same person) that the SFA and SPFL will issue a joint statement on Tuesday should the league vote to go to 19. It will be centred around a review of the pyramid, and automatic relegation and promotion.

7 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I believe (From the same person) that the SFA and SPFL will issue a joint statement on Tuesday should the league vote to go to 19. It will be centred around a review of the pyramid, and automatic relegation and promotion.

Interesting development if that was what was dangled before the LL clubs to get them to vote for it. Problem is getting it past League Two clubs given the SPFL's voting structure.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Interesting development if that was what was dangled before the LL clubs to get them to vote for it. Problem is getting it past League Two clubs given the SPFL's voting structure.

I agree, that will be the issue, but league 2 clubs may be softening their stance after Cowdenbeath’s relegation?

Sounds a bit like when the SPFL fobbed Hearts off with the idea of an instantly doomed reconstruction debate when the pandemic vote went through. The Lowland League would have to be a bunch of mugs to accept this, and we know they are indeed a bunch of mugs so it sounds plausible.

Question regarding the B teams, what happens to the entrance fees paid to the league for admission? £50K last season and possibly £120K this season. Does it go as prize money?  Divided and split  among the clubs? "general admin"?  or a Father Ted "just resting in my account" Just curious

3 hours ago, Sermani said:

Question regarding the B teams, what happens to the entrance fees paid to the league for admission? £50K last season and possibly £120K this season. Does it go as prize money?  Divided and split  among the clubs? "general admin"?  or a Father Ted "just resting in my account" Just curious

Into the Lowland League's bank account to do with as they please. No guarantees it will be shared amongst clubs or used as prize money.

On 05/06/2022 at 22:01, craigkillie said:

Sounds a bit like when the SPFL fobbed Hearts off with the idea of an instantly doomed reconstruction debate when the pandemic vote went through. The Lowland League would have to be a bunch of mugs to accept this, and we know they are indeed a bunch of mugs so it sounds plausible.

According to newspaper reports Hearts are in, so 19 teams 36 games. No idea where they would play though.

5 hours ago, Sermani said:

From an "Official Catchup" podcast with LL Chairman Thomas Brown being interviewed on or just before 6 April:

He stated that of the £50k provided by the OF, the LL has paid for insurance and membership fees for all LL clubs for this season and next at a cost of £33k-£34k.  Some was retained as a reserve fund and other spend included social media and PR.

You can listen to the discussion about money from around 7' 15" into the podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/official-catchup-voice-of-scottish-non-league-football/id1430116250

49 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Think they are playing at scab club Whitehall Welfare.

Not sure you can blame Welfare, that money will be very useful for them, especially as they have been relegated. In addition the EoSFL could refuse to sanction it.

5 hours ago, Sermani said:

Each club will receive £7,500 approx.i wonder if the no voters will decline the offer of the money.last seasons money paid league fees and players insurance  ?

1 hour ago, Lowland team said:

Each club will receive £7,500 approx.i wonder if the no voters will decline the offer of the money.last seasons money paid league fees and players insurance  ?

This is where the hypocrisy will come into it, money talks.

I agree that the 'B' teams should never have been admitted, and that the LL have behaved disgracefully and compromised the whole concept of the pyramid.

However, having got to where they are, and lumbered with an unbalanced 19-team league, they could go some way to restoring credibility at no real cost by inviting a 20th club. Darvel? Or if they wouldn't play, Talbot or Penicuik?

QUOTE FROM TONIGHTS EDINBURGH EVENING NEWS

It comes after the 16 member clubs voted 8-8 in a secret ballot last night on a proposal to accept the trio. But it is a one-season arrangement only and talks have now started on a pyramid restructure to address concerns about B team participation.

The Scottish FA has confirmed that the three guest clubs are required to field seven players eligible for Scotland national teams in the starting line-up. Each guest club will also have to “provide funding to help develop the league and its clubs”.

The national governing body will also lead on a review of the pyramid structure, with recommendations proposed ahead of the 2023/24 season.

The governing body said in a statement: “In addition, the respective league bodies have agreed to participate in the Scottish FA's pyramid working group discussions aimed at providing a longer-term solution to optimise the structure and aid the transition of talented players between the ages of 17 and 21.”

Hearts B are expected to play home matches at Ferguson Park, Rosewell, home of East of Scotland League club Whitehill Welfare. Along with Celtic and Rangers, they will pay an entry fee of £40,000, an increase on the £25,000 that Celtic and Rangers were charged last season.

Member clubs had previously dismissed the idea, initially voting to permit only two guest teams in keeping with last season and then rejecting a 19-team league when three expressed an interest. But when faced with an ultimatum that it was all three or none, the issue was put to another vote last night.

1 hour ago, Lowland team said:

Decline and keep in the LL coffers!!! No thanks. Take it and donate it to charity.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹