Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

16 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I agree with you, but I’m not one for trying to belittle clubs based on their finances, everyone works hard to keep their respective clubs going.

I am not sure what the solution is with this, something needs to give somewhere.

The point I guess I was trying to make is that clubs paying only expenses will get replaced by clubs that have budgets more in line with what tier 4/5 would naturally pay and the more promotion/relegation places there are, the quicker CSS, Gala, Gretna, Vale, Edinburgh Univ, Caley Braves, Stirling Univ etc will get replaced. Put in the likes of Darvel, Talbot, Pollok, Tranent, Linlithgow etc the expenses only clubs will struggle to outmuscle them. I know there are clubs who are punching in LL and that's brilliant. But increased competition will make it difficult for them. Status quo keeps the inevitable another few years down the road.

16 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Remember when LL clubs were jumping up and down like ADHD baboons sitting on hot plates and “Brechin should take their medicine”

This. Couldn't stop laughing.

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

The point I guess I was trying to make is that clubs paying only expenses will get replaced by clubs that have budgets more in line with what tier 4/5 would naturally pay and the more promotion/relegation places there are, the quicker CSS, Gala, Gretna, Vale, Edinburgh Univ, Caley Braves, Stirling Univ etc will get replaced. Put in the likes of Darvel, Talbot, Pollok, Tranent, Linlithgow etc the expenses only clubs will struggle to outmuscle them. I know there are clubs who are punching in LL and that's brilliant. But increased competition will make it difficult for them. Status quo keeps the inevitable another few years down the road.

Does the first etc include Broomhill?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Simple question why the status quo ?

Will any chairman have any reasonable excuse apart from self preservation.

Joke of a league.

Wonder if this will potentially push likes of Jeanfield back to the easier route to the highland league.

13 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Simple question why the status quo ?

Will any chairman have any reasonable excuse apart from self preservation.

Joke of a league.

Wonder if this will potentially push likes of Jeanfield back to the easier route to the highland league.

It’s a total shambles of a league. Five clubs voted to refuse the OF entry for this season so have to assume that two more good guys are seeing common sense.

When will the SFA step in and give us a proper Pyramid?

8 minutes ago, boheesian said:

It’s a total shambles of a league. Five clubs voted to refuse the OF entry for this season so have to assume that two more good guys are seeing common sense.

When will the SFA step in and give us a proper Pyramid?

The SFA have been sabotaging a proper pyramid with their bizarre fixation with letting a certain teuchter, Angus team choose what league to drop into. They should be kept well away from the process.

13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Bonnyrigg once again doing the right thing by consulting their fans. With roughly a week to go we'll see if any of the other clubs do the same.

Yes indeed another proper decision from The Rose 🌹. I can’t see the supporters/club decision changing. The LL rightly got stick last week for a wrong decision on relegation. I hope all those spineless clubs who voted to admit the ugly sisters last time have seen the folly of that decision and make the proper decision this time.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I'm hearing the LL is joining the HL in not taking part in any future "national" non-league cup.  Now left upto tier 6 and below.  They're as well forgetting about it and continuing with the South Challenge Cup which does include LL clubs.

Also looks like the fabled PWG is getting together to discuss prom/rel at all levels of the Pyramid.

45 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I'm hearing the LL is joining the HL in not taking part in any future "national" non-league cup.  Now left upto tier 6 and below.  They're as well forgetting about it and continuing with the South Challenge Cup which does include LL clubs.

Also looks like the fabled PWG is getting together to discuss prom/rel at all levels of the Pyramid.

Any idea where the item to discuss prom/rel came from? i.e. SFA or which league or group of leagues. Guessing that the Lowland area's Tier 6 leagues would be the ones behind this but hoping that the LL or the SFA have decided to try to deal with at last.

I think what a lot of people seem to forget is a number of clubs in tier 6 have spent a lot of hard earned money to progress in this farce of a pyramid system only to be shafted by a number of non entity clubs that have decided to deny forward thinking clubs a chance of moving up a few rungs.

I'm part of Talbot's regeneration committee, and we worked hard through fundraising, sponsorship, grants as well a a hefty wedge from the club itself to upgrade Beechwood so we could be a part of this new world order. It kind of grinds my gears that clubs who groundshare, have no history and support can shackle the progress of tier 6 clubs who would bring a lot more to the LL than the arsecheeks.

52 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I think what a lot of people seem to forget is a number of clubs in tier 6 have spent a lot of hard earned money to progress in this farce of a pyramid system only to be shafted by a number of non entity clubs that have decided to deny forward thinking clubs a chance of moving up a few rungs.

I'm part of Talbot's regeneration committee, and we worked hard through fundraising, sponsorship, grants as well a a hefty wedge from the club itself to upgrade Beechwood so we could be a part of this new world order. It kind of grinds my gears that clubs who groundshare, have no history and support can shackle the progress of tier 6 clubs who would bring a lot more to the LL than the arsecheeks.

Have you tried renaming yourselves Kilmarnock B?

4 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

...I'm part of Talbot's regeneration committee, and we worked hard through fundraising, sponsorship, grants as well a a hefty wedge from the club itself to upgrade Beechwood so we could be a part of this new world order. It kind of grinds my gears that clubs who groundshare, have no history and support can shackle the progress of tier 6 clubs who would bring a lot more to the LL than the arsecheeks.

They are going to have to be dragged out screaming one at a time for now* but relegation is going to clear most of the founding clique out and the LL will eventually be the league it should be. The LL you would be entering next season is an upgrade on the one Kelty entered. People need to consider where things will be only a few seasons from now when comparing the relative merits of being in the WoS premier and LL.

* - occasionally two when the HL champion does the business in the Club 42 playoff

30 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.18c771491065f170bc738fdef0b259cc.png

image.png.ae571e69609ad61338e1933977af82b9.png

Stirling Uni raising some eyebrows with a comfortable win over guest club G51. Bo'ness can't wait for this season to be over.

The guest club from G51 giving the Uni of Stirling their thanks for their vote at the meeting last Monday?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹