Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

I think it was @FairWeatherFan who has posted the league without the B team results. Is that actually what will be taken into account for qualifying for the challenge cup?

Would be good to see Strollers qualifying after a good season but seems like they are running out of steam with a tough final three games.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think it was @FairWeatherFan who has posted the league without the B team results. Is that actually what will be taken into account for qualifying for the challenge cup?

Would be good to see Strollers qualifying after a good season but seems like they are running out of steam with a tough final three games.

For the end of the season standings the OF B teams are basically ineligible. No promotion, no relegation, already compete in the SPFL Trust Trophy. Their results still stand. As such CSS are the 4th highest team which is typically a qualifying spot for the SPFL Trust Trophy.

My table was basically to highlight what would happen if the results are scrubbed entirely from the record.

image.png.ef50f454703121b5a6e54a7ea3c091e7.png

The entry to the Challenge Cup is purely invitational so I doubt that any specific rules have been put in place already. Most likely the SPFL won't even know because it will be contingent on whether foreign clubs enter again.

On 12/03/2022 at 09:26, Pyramid Watcher said:

It’s on the agenda, got a copy this morning when I questioned someone about the Colts -

Dates of next meetings
A General Meeting will take place at the ………….. on Monday 21 March 2022 with a 19:30 start and the following agenda:
1. Apologies for absence
2. Minute of previous General Meeting
3. Fanbase presentation
4. Increased promotion/relegation between Tiers 5 and 6
5. National cup competition for non-SPFL clubs
6. Guest club participation
7. Any Other Business

The day has finally arrived. A few big topics on the agenda and some of the clubs make sure to communicate with their fans before making big decisions. Which should mean there's some sight over what the various proposals are.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The day has finally arrived. A few big topics on the agenda and some of the clubs make sure to communicate with their fans before making big decisions. Which should mean there's some sight over what the various proposals are.

I believe that there is no actual vote on the Colts proposal tonight, but there is one on promotion/relegation.

10 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I believe that there is no actual vote on the Colts proposal tonight, but there is one on promotion/relegation.

There shouldn't be any vote since there's a good chance a couple of clubs won't even be in the LL next season. 

That's why I'm saying we should get sight of the proposals. As reps are going to have to communicate them to their committees/members. 

There shouldn't be any vote since there's a good chance a couple of clubs won't even be in the LL next season. 
That's why I'm saying we should get sight of the proposals. As reps are going to have to communicate them to their committees/members. 
Might be an 'indicitive vote' as happened with the colts who weren't officially ratified in until the AGM.

28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

👀👀

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Might be an 'indicitive vote' as happened with the colts who weren't officially ratified in until the AGM.

Even the indicative vote was after they had been presented with the Colts proposal and gone back to their clubs for a decision on how they would vote. 

If the presentation details were already out then the Braves would have had a vote on it. Bonnyrigg, Berwick and others would have to considering how they acted publicly last time. 

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Even the indicative vote was after they had been presented with the Colts proposal and gone back to their clubs for a decision on how they would vote. 

If the presentation details were already out then the Braves would have had a vote on it. Bonnyrigg, Berwick and others would have to considering how they acted publicly last time. 

So remind me what was wrong with the Bonnyrigg and Berwick votes the last time?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

9 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

So remind me what was wrong with the Bonnyrigg and Berwick votes the last time?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Not saying anything was wrong. I'm saying they played out their process in the public eye and had a consultation of their members. So anyone would expect the same from those clubs this time around.

I would bet on the play-off option being picked, mainly because it's the one that lets them seem like they're opening up whilst giving away as little as possible. In all honesty, 3 up 3 down would only work if something changed with the SoS League.