Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

Broomhill take another (modern) twist, just like the ridiculous FC Hashtag down south - or the online community owning a club etc, when will it end - the Twitter mob making half time changes ?  Can't see the VOL surviving relegation tbh, maybe just the time to find their level, where they can compete better. Good luck anyway,they've done really well just to keep going.

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

So what's the latest gossip on the Lowland League set up for next season ? Are the Old Firm Colts staying ? Are other Colt teams joining them ?

What's likely to be on the table at the AGM ?

Hopefully a change to the Constitution 

“No SPFL Colts teams will be permitted to apply to join the League”

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I think it would be naive on our part if we didn’t expect them to at least ask again, however on this occasion I would think the LL would have to make concessions in terms of promotion/relegation to and from tier 6 for it to stand any chance.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

So what's the latest gossip on the Lowland League set up for next season ? Are the Old Firm Colts staying ? Are other Colt teams joining them ?

What's likely to be on the table at the AGM ?

Latest Official Catchup podcast didn't seem to think they would be returning, think they said not much appetite for it.

Also, it's been mentioned before, but Mozza brought it up again as a suggestion - the league could stay at 18 clubs but promote each of the tier 6 champions.

Question is, would the clubs at the bottom - who are likely to finish below the three promoted clubs next season and thus be relegated - vote for it?

Both Celtic and Rangers have indicated they want to be in the league next season.

They will both make this proposal to the lowland league before the end of the season.

It will be up to the clubs after this.

I thought it was a one off??? 

19 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Latest Official Catchup podcast didn't seem to think they would be returning, think they said not much appetite for it.

Also, it's been mentioned before, but Mozza brought it up again as a suggestion - the league could stay at 18 clubs but promote each of the tier 6 champions.

Question is, would the clubs at the bottom - who are likely to finish below the three promoted clubs next season and thus be relegated - vote for it?

The South champions might struggle therefore maybes only 2 to worry about, depends on the league structure as it is ?

Is there potentially a 19 team  league then in there if results show otherwise and a HFL side win play off ?

33 minutes ago, Ton Up said:

Both Celtic and Rangers have indicated they want to be in the league next season.

They will both make this proposal to the lowland league before the end of the season.

It was, but a "one year trial".

Only 5 good guys last time out. Let's hope some backbones have been grown in the LL in the meantime. 😒

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The South champions might struggle therefore maybes only 2 to worry about, depends on the league structure as it is ?

Is there potentially a 19 team  league then in there if results show otherwise and a HFL side win play off ?

Perhaps, could have a play-off between third bottom and the south, as the main thing is west and east clubs getting auto promotion.

Suppose it's the conundrum for the likes of Gretna - currently it's just a matter of time until they go down and it'll be very difficult to come back up in the play-off. Whereas with 3 down they are relegated sooner but auto promotion gets them back up straightaway.

And it would surely just work the same as it is now with an extra team relegated if required to keep numbers at 18.

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Only 5 good guys last time out. Let's hope some backbones have been grown in the LL in the meantime. 😒

The trial obviously worked as far as they were concerned! As I said earlier we would be naive to think they weren’t going to ask again if they thought it worked. I expect the league to come up with something to appease tier 6 if they consider this.

Just now, Pyramid Watcher said:

I heard the board went on a 4 day “fact finding” mission to Ibiza to look into possible inclusion of Spanish colt teams.

About as much use for the SMNT in the future as the current cuckoos in the nest.

26 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I worry the numbers might stay the same. Potentially trading Bonnyrigg for a Tier 6 Champion in a vote against it. While Club 42 for VoL might see the £s in transitioning to non-league football.

A more important bit this year might be a Hearts or another also trying to get in. Since the numbers won't work with 3+ teams trying to get in as a 'guest club'.

2 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I think it would be naive on our part if we didn’t expect them to at least ask again, however on this occasion I would think the LL would have to make concessions in terms of promotion/relegation to and from tier 6 for it to stand any chance.

They wouldn't have to make any concessions because the Tier 6 clubs have no say in it whatsoever, as was discovered last year. The only difference will be whether the Old Firm can find another gormless loser like George Fraser who can do their dirty work for them in terms of convincing clubs to vote for it again.

1 hour ago, Ton Up said:

It was one-off in the sense that the vote to allow them in covered this season only, any further seasons would need another vote. 

It would be interesting to see what, if any, votes changed either way and whether clubs felt any genuine benefits from the Colts, or whether it's not worth the hassle for them again. 

8 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

It was one-off in the sense that the vote to allow them in covered this season only, any further seasons would need another vote. 

It would be interesting to see what, if any, votes changed either way and whether clubs felt any genuine benefits from the Colts, or whether it's not worth the hassle for them again. 

Exactly, if the League are approached, they are duty bound to inform the clubs and let them have their say, and make a decision if it gets that far.

Edited by Kirk St Moritz

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They wouldn't have to make any concessions because the Tier 6 clubs have no say in it whatsoever, as was discovered last year. The only difference will be whether the Old Firm can find another gormless loser like George Fraser who can do their dirty work for them in terms of convincing clubs to vote for it again.

"Convincing clubs" in what sense?   As the Chair surely he was duty bound to pass the information to clubs to allow them to make their own decisions, which they did?