Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

20 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Genuine question, why did the LL concede to this? Just tell them to get it played? I know previous blazers at the lowland league couldn't drop their pants quick enough to let the ugly sisters shaft them but thought it was all change?

I don't think we'll see a real answer to the question. In the same way they were allowed to move the game to Ibrox for a one-off game in the first place. They've obviously been given a certain amount of leeway.

33 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think we'll see a real answer to the question. In the same way they were allowed to move the game to Ibrox for a one-off game in the first place. They've obviously been given a certain amount of leeway.

From what I have seen and read no reason has been given for the cancellation.
Move the game to the big stadium get a bigger crowd in and more money(as one poster said last week “will get them their £25k back”). So because crowds are capped they cancel it to wait for the restrictions to be lifted. Or have the Glesga Polis had their say?

When the game is rescheduled they should be told to play it at their nominated ground ie Dumbarton. Even at this level the ugly sisters keeping their control over Scottish football. They are taking the piss. 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The biggest shock of the year  ....... Not! 

Both teams should be emptied out the league. They have no respect for the competition and suit themselves on the scheduling of games at every opportunity.

Not sure what the problem is and how it affects the rest of the league. It was moved to get some more fans in than normal and with only 500 allowed there's not much point in playing it just now. Games can be moved if both clubs agree and it gets approval from the secretary (as seen by the changes to the Boxing Day fixtures). 

Both B teams have 12 games to play with 15 Saturdays to play them on, and even then it surely doesn't matter if they play past that point as they can't be champions for the purposes of the pyramid play-off anyway.

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Not sure what the problem is and how it affects the rest of the league. It was moved to get some more fans in than normal and with only 500 allowed there's not much point in playing it just now. Games can be moved if both clubs agree and it gets approval from the secretary (as seen by the changes to the Boxing Day fixtures). 

Both B teams have 12 games to play with 15 Saturdays to play them on, and even then it surely doesn't matter if they play past that point as they can't be champions for the purposes of the pyramid play-off anyway.

If Rangers are postponing to maximise attendance, then presumably they'd be looking for another weekend date.

COVID postponements, weather postponements, groundsharing to factor in. What are the chances a part-time team ends up playing midweek to accomodate the two OF B games still to play?

Some of the other teams might scrape attendances over 500 at this time of year. I think it was said in another thread the East Stirlingshire v. Bo'ness United game is actually restricted to 400 tickets. So clubs that need the money the most are playing through this time period, as they did at the start of the season with attendance restrictions, because they don't have the benefit of shrugging off the timeframe of the season.

7 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Genuine question, why did the LL concede to this? Just tell them to get it played? I know previous blazers at the lowland league couldn't drop their pants quick enough to let the ugly sisters shaft them but thought it was all change?

And while they are allowed to do what they want the SPFL are forcing first St Mirren then Dundee play games when they are weakened because of illness caused by a pandemic. Scottish football stinks

28 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

I think it's a fan account rather than a fake account. I'm sure I've seen them live-tweeting their matches

You haven't because they haven't. Have a quick scroll back through their tweets, definitely a fake account and they have duped a few people. :lol:

This is definitely not a club post, whether it be fake or a fan post.

Today’s game was played in a sporting fashion both on and off the pitch  and the general opinion of most who attend was similar.

To suggest that there is a bigotry faction within the club is total fantasy  as the committee is made up of people with leanings towards Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs.

The management and committee work hard for a small club like the Vale to survive and can do without this nonsense being spread about.

Good game between Strollers and Shire last night.

Strollers deservedly ahead at the break despite Shire missing a few sitters. Murdoch in goals had a great game for the home side. Strollers lacked intensity in the second half, sitting back on their lead and Shire eventually equalised after an uncharacteristic mistake from McConnell (I think). Shire deserved at least a point out of the game in the end, they were much better in the second half.

Lots of good players for both sides. Shire's full backs played well and their attack looked the most threatening of the opposing three I have seen (Dalbeattie and Berwick being the others). Joao Balde for Strollers should be playing SPFL next season. Robbie Cole and the full backs (Irving & Valentine) are other players who look promising for Strollers. Hopefully will continue to develop with them for a bit longer.