Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Stenny do not have any players on loan from Hibs this season as far as I'm aware.

That’s strange. They have a strategic partnership with them for that very purpose. As do civil service strollers. I wonder what’s holding up their arrival?

Interesting chat on LL2.

I think it’s a really hard sell to particularly the wosfl after the arse the LL board has made of things recently.

and let’s not forget the wosfl tier 6 conference fiasco.

another interesting aspect is how wosfl clubs view the ceiling being removed. For most of them for recent years, promotion to a higher level wasn’t something possible.

6 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Everyone in the eosfl does have a route to the Scottish cup directly or through the Alex Jack?

Yes. Through SFA membership, winning the EoS Premier without a licence, the Alex Jack/Shield combo, or now the Junior Cup.

As some of the Conference X clubs have opted for the Junior Cup over the Alex Jack.

2 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Interesting chat on LL2.

I think it’s a really hard sell to particularly the wosfl after the arse the LL board has made of things recently.

and let’s not forget the wosfl tier 6 conference fiasco.

another interesting aspect is how wosfl clubs view the ceiling being removed. For most of them for recent years, promotion to a higher level wasn’t something possible.

From the WoSFL point of view, I think it would kind of difficult to support.

A single division LL2 would lead to more negativity. As only 8 or so clubs would benefit with everyone else going down a tier. There's also the fact the Chair & Vice Chair of the WoSFL would be with clubs that would likely end up in the LL2 (Clydebank & Kilwinning). It wouldn't be a good look and more divisive than the ceation of the WoSFL.

LL2 West would have the WoSFL and SoSFL sharing Tier 7 status complicating promotion and relegation. Unlike a LL2 East that has the clear pathway up and down from the EoSFL.

Defeats in the Scottish Cup for two SOS clubs at the hands of EOS First Division sides just shows once again that the SOS should not be involved in the LL play-off. Maybe the SOS could consider dropping down a tier as Threave up against Auchinleck and Penicuik isn't going to be pretty.

Once they are removed from tier 6 you make it much easier to increase ventilation by having the EOS/WOS champions automatically promoted. 

39 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Defeats in the Scottish Cup for two SOS clubs at the hands of EOS First Division sides just shows once again that the SOS should not be involved in the LL play-off. Maybe the SOS could consider dropping down a tier as Threave up against Auchinleck and Penicuik isn't going to be pretty.

Which isn't exactly something new.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Once they are removed from tier 6 you make it much easier to increase ventilation by having the EOS/WOS champions automatically promoted. 

Unless they merge with the WoS, they can't drop down a tier. Dropping down a tier would mean promoting into the WoS Premier which doesn't make sense either.

Attended my third Lowlands game yesterday this time: Rangers-B v Vale of Leithen at Dumbarton.

One sided as expected but to be fair Vale tried their best to make the young RangersB team work for all their goals.  There were a few very good long range efforts among the goals.

Overall not the best game to judge the competition this league gives but there are always sides that struggle in any league and Vale are also no match for the better sides in the league.   

They aren't much of a match for the weaker teams either having lost (I think) 26 in-a-row and not having picked up any points since 2019. Still, if the tier 4/5 promotions/relegations go their way, they'll be safe for another year.

24 minutes ago, stanley said:

Unless they merge with the WoS, they can't drop down a tier. Dropping down a tier would mean promoting into the WoS Premier which doesn't make sense either.

They could have a play-off with 3rd place in the WOS First to get into the WOS Premier? 

19 minutes ago, stanley said:

They aren't much of a match for the weaker teams either having lost (I think) 26 in-a-row and not having picked up any points since 2019. Still, if the tier 4/5 promotions/relegations go their way, they'll be safe for another year.

Only way they are being saved from relegation is if Forfar or Elgin get relegated by a LL team.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

They could have a play-off with 3rd place in the WOS First to get into the WOS Premier? 

Only way they are being saved from relegation is if Forfar or Elgin get relegated by a LL team.

Yeah, I know it's extremely unlikely but the fact that the possibility exists for a team to end on 0 points and stay up is ridiculous.

Nothing like a 4-1 gubbing off a recent former junior club from a wee ex-mining town to bring home the reality that their SPFL status is in dead man walking territory now given there are plenty of other wee ex-mining town clubs potentially following the same trajectory.
There aren't many wee ex-mining town former junior clubs with Kelty's budget, to be fair.