Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

My first experience of Lowlands League football - Broomhill v Caledonian Braves

Despite a bad start the Braves fully deserved their 2-1 victory and played some good football in the process.

5 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
12 hours ago, Eder said:
My first experience of Lowlands League football - Broomhill v Caledonian Braves
Despite a bad start the Braves fully deserved their 2-1 victory and played some good football in the process.

Was it a brave performance and comeback?

I know terrible name a feature of the league I think.

18 hours ago, Eder said:

I know terrible name a feature of the league I think.

That’s a pretty dedicated blog you have. Some amount of games. I’ve been to over 1500 games too but I’m probably a fair bit older so many of them were before ICT were formed. So about 450 ICT games and loads of non-league with about 250 Whitehill Welfare.
One two things I picked up - you have 2 visits to Caley stadium but the tag for ICT only picks up one. Also I had a look at Ross County games and you’ve got a Celtic v Motherwell game tagged in there…

Edited by The Mantis

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

That’s a pretty dedicated blog you have. Some amount of games. I’ve been to over 1500 games too but I’m probably a fair bit older so many of them were before ICT were formed. So about 450 ICT games and loads of non-league with about 250 Whitehill Welfare.
One two things I picked up - you have 2 visits to Caley stadium but the tag for ICT only picks up one. Also I had a look at Ross County games and you’ve got a Celtic v Motherwell game tagged in there…

Thanks.  Good spot on the Motherwell game tag error.

I stopped keeping the blog up to date a couple of years back so a few things will not be right.  I still keep a spreadsheet going and reconcile all the games.  Caley visits total 4 first two before the blog started and 3 visits to Dingwall since 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

East Stirlingshire v Civil Service Strollers.

at the Falkirk Stadium sad the number of fans turned away today due to the the exclusive use of FanApp for entry.

I get the need for this while restrictions are in place, but why continue the sole use now restrictions have been lifted?

The App is only available until 2pm then it's turned off. What good is that?

How many older fans, away fans and last minute fans those plans changed late?

Not a great way to treat fans - surely they must rethink this?

19 minutes ago, Eder said:

East Stirlingshire v Civil Service Strollers.

at the Falkirk Stadium sad the number of fans turned away today due to the the exclusive use of FanApp for entry.

I get the need for this while restrictions are in place, but why continue the sole use now restrictions have been lifted?

The App is only available until 2pm then it's turned off. What good is that?

How many older fans, away fans and last minute fans those plans changed late?

Not a great way to treat fans - surely they must rethink this?

Hopefully, I have seen other clubs do a mixture of both pre-buy and cash at the gate. But tbf the club do advertise heavily that there's no pay at the gate available.

32 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Looks like Bonnyrigg Rose will be a bit depleted for tonight's game against East Stirlingshire.

Can see this issue becoming increasingly contentious as the season goes on. Clearly governing bodies are dead set on getting games played, even in situations like Falkirk had for their game against Cove. Personally I feel if both teams are happy to postpone there can't be that much of an issue with it. 

5 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Can see this issue becoming increasingly contentious as the season goes on. Clearly governing bodies are dead set on getting games played, even in situations like Falkirk had for their game against Cove. Personally I feel if both teams are happy to postpone there can't be that much of an issue with it. 

League rules allow clubs to re-schedule by mutual agreement. I can only assume the request was too late or not agreed by both clubs.

I heard today that half the Lowland League board have resigned. Some chat that George Fraser got caught trying to do deals with the SFA behind their back which would f**k the LL clubs over ahead of some meeting this Monday night. 

Anyone else heard anything? 

21 minutes ago, It's Me said:

I heard today that half the Lowland League board have resigned. Some chat that George Fraser got caught trying to do deals with the SFA behind their back which would f**k the LL clubs over ahead of some meeting this Monday night. 

I guess its possible. It's Broomhill and EK in the Chair and Vice-Chair roles. Pretty sure the rest are from the more traditional EoS/SoS background if I remember right. There might well be contrasting opinions on things.

If it's true i'm sure we'll hear about it soon enough.

1 hour ago, It's Me said:

I really hope this is true. I wish nothing but sorrow for the Lowland League.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I guess its possible. It's Broomhill and EK in the Chair and Vice-Chair roles. Pretty sure the rest are from the more traditional EoS/SoS background if I remember right. There might well be contrasting opinions on things.

If it's true i'm sure we'll hear about it soon enough.

broomhill and strollers