Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

I've seen the table posted here a couple of times but not from the LL, where are you getting it from?

The updates from the Lowland League have been shocking this year, they wanted to raise the profile of the league by introducing the colts and its been nothing but a farce so far.

Maybe some of the 50k they got (none given to the clubs btw) could go towards hiring someone half decent to run the twitter and other media outlets?

Was at the Star Colts match, well impressed by Star huge fitness levels and work ethic, Currie a real handful up front , Colts  very well coached keep there shape and try and pass the ball maybe a bit lacking in the final third

3 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

All aboard the Dalbeattie hype train

I've done a BU_Brian and I'm stoked to join the hype train till it runs out of steam in a weeks time

Edited by craigiemack

8 hours ago, craigiemack said:

I've done a BU_Brian and I'm stoked to join the hype train till it runs out of steam in a weeks time

Star at home to Edinburgh Uni on Saturday, the Hype train might keep running for another week yet.

19 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Old Firm 'B' derby for this weekend has been postponed as it clashes with Airdrieonians. Seems strange that this wasn't picked up on before now.

It’s been a really bad move already 2 games which have clashed with Airdrie ones, wonder how much more will clash.

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s been a really bad move already 2 games which have clashed with Airdrie ones, wonder how much more will clash.

The first time around it was understandable due to Premier Sports changing the date for TV. In this instance i'm not really sure why it has happened, or why so late in the day it has been postponed.

The clash seems to have been there the entire time. The whole point of waiting for the SPFL to put out their fixture list first is to avoid issues like this.

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The first time around it was understandable due to Premier Sports changing the date for TV. In this instance i'm not really sure why it has happened, or why so late in the day it has been postponed.

The clash seems to have been there the entire time. The whole point of waiting for the SPFL to put out their fixture list first is to avoid issues like this.

There's a clash on 2nd October but Celtic have been moved to the Sunday, not sure why that couldn't have been done this weekend. 

You also have Cumbernauld Colts and ES playing on Fridays, surely when creating the fixtures you start by putting all the home games on opposite dates to the SPFL clubs?

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Aye as you say 1st understandable.

This one normally when there is a Saturday clash the Lowland League switch the games to a Friday, although a Friday night Old Firm clash maybe isn’t the best of plans.

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

There's a clash on 2nd October but Celtic have been moved to the Sunday, not sure why that couldn't have been done this weekend. 

You also have Cumbernauld Colts and ES playing on Fridays, surely when creating the fixtures you start by putting all the home games on opposite dates to the SPFL clubs?

In defence of the fixture secretary it must be a hell of a job with so many ground shares with SPFL sides who always take priority.

22 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

With them both having the odd non-Saturday game on the original fixture list. I figure they would have avoided any clashes.

11 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

Maybe they are waiting on restrictions easing further to allow a bigger crowd in and show the potential of what SPFL league 2 are missing?

It's a bit of a farce if true. With no other cup games than the Challenge Cup there will be plenty of free Saturdays for them to play the game. So that's not much of a concern. Scheduling a game with an intentional conflict just so that it can be punted for preferential treatment seems quite poor.

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I'd say they're safe from relegation too. No chance VOL are catching them.

A win against Edinburgh Uni and the season target could be changing. Good to see emoji846.png

Safe from relegation was actually mentioned after Star won there first 3 games😀

Top half would be a good target, the first 2 seasons of the LL Star finished 3rd and 4th, that might be a bit ambitious but you never know.

Beating GretnaFC2008 twice would also be nice

Noticed this on another site - regarding the Lowland League results on the BBC showing Abandoned:

The tables, fixtures and results information on the BBC Sport website and BBC Red Button are provided by an external supplier.
We’re aware of a continuing issue with the results for the Lowland League......... and we are investigating with our supplier and hope to resolve the issue quickly.

On 29/07/2021 at 13:01, Sermani said:

Safe from relegation was actually mentioned after Star won there first 3 games😀

Top half would be a good target, the first 2 seasons of the LL Star finished 3rd and 4th, that might be a bit ambitious but you never know.

Beating GretnaFC2008 twice would also be nice

I have to say you can seriously look a lot higher up the table.  Star bossed the game last Saturday and if Currie had taken a couple of easy chances, he would have had a hat-trick.  Don't write off the Uni though, four of our goals came right at the end of each half.