Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

I found it funny that this move was voted through to increase the publicity in the League etc. Yet Saturday night nothing on BBC sport except the shire v gala game being abandoned 😂. It's still baffling that this has been voted through and lets be honest anyone who thinks this will increase the publicity or popularity of the league is a moron 

Just now, craigiemack said:

I found it funny that this move was voted through to increase the publicity in the League etc. Yet Saturday night nothing on BBC sport except the shire v gala game being abandoned 😂. It's still baffling that this has been voted through and lets be honest anyone who thinks this will increase the publicity or popularity of the league is a moron 

The "Official Catch Up" seemed to think there would be a weekly highlights package on BBC Scotland 

30 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

As a distant exile, it pained me that I lost my BBC goal update notifications when we were relegated and now the LL has completely fallen off their results page with unironic 'fake news' being circulated about the Shire.

37 minutes ago, the tin man said:

Official catch up never done a preview show aswell. The lowland website wasn't even offering live scoring it was down. The league needs to get its act together promptly at least the eos twitter is very active on promoting there clubs posts

The official twitter didn't do a full time round up till very late in the night. He took a huff because he was playing cricket apparently! A past time I occasionally partake in so no jokes there. But cmon to f**k surely as a 'professional' league there's something that can compile the scores to be posted prompt after full times. I don't give a f**k about fancy graphics as long as there's something. The colts were going to increase the publicity obviously 😂

8 hours ago, the tin man said:

Official catch up never done a preview show aswell. The lowland website wasn't even offering live scoring it was down. The league needs to get its act together promptly at least the eos twitter is very active on promoting there clubs posts

EOS does a very good job indeed by promoting posts about their clubs. Even when I posted tweets about groundhopping at some EOS clubs, the official EOS account retweeted me. LL really need to up their game...

I only found out the Dalbeattie score because Marshmallo was at the game and posted about it. Looked in all the usual places at about 7pm and it still wasn't there.

The league arent using the app that provided the website with live scores last year

The official twitter didn't do a full time round up till very late in the night. He took a huff because he was playing cricket apparently! A past time I occasionally partake in so no jokes there. But cmon to f**k surely as a 'professional' league there's something that can compile the scores to be posted prompt after full times. I don't give a f**k about fancy graphics as long as there's something. The colts were going to increase the publicity obviously [emoji23]
Aye he bit at Tam Muirhead on twitter [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ask for help then, it's a no brainer [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I only found out the Dalbeattie score because Marshmallo was at the game and posted about it. Looked in all the usual places at about 7pm and it still wasn't there.

Surely there are other competent committee members who can update the scores at least at full time. The EOS have the HT’s up as well. 
LL have had a long closed season to improve their links and updates to the website and generate greater interest.

Absolute joke of a league!

Spent all summer talking about “ventilation” and “sporting integrity” then spent their time bullshitting clubs into accepting a meet n greet twice a season with a few nobodies in OF blazers.

They didn't even bother finding a sponsor and their outreach to fans of teams within their league is embarrassing for a tier 5 division.

As for this new, spectacular tv deal, it only applies to the type of person who calls a LL team their “wee team” and have OF tv subscriptions… like the muppets who run a few of the fake, plastic clubs that stink the place out.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Absolute joke of a league!

Spent all summer talking about “ventilation” and “sporting integrity” then spent their time bullshitting clubs into accepting a meet n greet twice a season with a few nobodies in OF blazers.

They didn't even bother finding a sponsor and their outreach to fans of teams within their league is embarrassing for a tier 5 division.

As for this new, spectacular tv deal, it only applies to the type of person who calls a LL team their “wee team” and have OF tv subscriptions… like the muppets who run a few of the fake, plastic clubs that stink the place out.

Hard to argue with any of that spyro,kudos to the LL in its early days for being a trailblazer as regards the pyramid.

But the last 3yrs its had a rotten stink about it,the bending over for the OF pound,has been the last straw for many.

The saving grace for the LL will come in the shape of the big WoSFL clubs getting promoted into it and a few from the EoSFL in the yrs to come.

Hard to argue with any of that spyro,kudos to the LL in its early days for being a trailblazer as regards the pyramid.
But the last 3yrs its had a rotten stink about it,the bending over for the OF pound,has been the last straw for many.
The saving grace for the LL will come in the shape of the big WoSFL clubs getting promoted into it and a few from the EoSFL in the yrs to come.
Going to be 10 years before the Lowland League have the top West and East teams in it with 1 up and 1 down and have a good balance to it. Did notice it's all went quiet on extra relegation places.

I will just back to worrying about my team being one of 7 going down in tier below while 1 may go up to Lowland League or they may not [emoji849][emoji23]

7 hours ago, Marten said:

EOS does a very good job indeed by promoting posts about their clubs. Even when I posted tweets about groundhopping at some EOS clubs, the official EOS account retweeted me. LL really need to up their game...

tbh not sure the EOS twitter is a great example either - they've gone to the other extreme of basically just retweeting almost everything the clubs post and all the things they are tagged in. Could be improved with some fixtures/results graphics after each matchday, though I know the person who does it can't do those. But even some screenshots of the website and a link would make it better.

2 hours ago, Shannon said:

I will just back to worrying about my team being one of 7 going down in tier below while 1 may go up to Lowland League or they may not emoji849.pngemoji23.png

If one goes up from the WOS (and no one comes down from the LL) then it's only 6 who will get relegated from the Premier ;)

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

YET AGAIN BBC SITE DOES NOT MENTION ANY LL MATCHES. EITHER  RESULTS OR FIXTURES

Which site are you on?

The results are there on the BBC Web Site if that helps:

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish

On the opening page choose SPORT then

Choose FOOTBALL then

Choose LEAGUES and CUPS then

Choose Scottish Football then

Choose Football Scores (on the right of the screen) then

Choose MORE drop down button (to the right of Scottish League Cup then

Choose Lowland League from the drop down list on the right of the screen then

The results are listed on the right hand side.

Having said all that, when you get there you see:

An incorrect score at Caledonian Braves v Dalbeattie Star - Was 0.2 but shows 0-1.

It also shows Civil Service v Edinburgh Uni as Abandoned. CS won 3-2.

It managed to get one right though: Spartans lost 0-2 to Rangers B.

Might be worth having a bet on what scores and abandonments the site will show this time tomorrow evening! Four matches to get wrong. What's the chances that one will be right?