Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

Would also like to make a poignant post. 

Its been a long time since any of us have been at a game and I'm sure all of our lives have been forever changed by covid. When we stand at kick off on Saturday or whenever we first get our injection of hoof baw shithousery I'd hope that we all take a moment to reflect and think of those that we have lost over this terrible time.

LeoMessi, Jerry Maguire, Tutenkamum, Bob FTP Malcolm and of course his Lord and Saviour BU Brian to name but a few.

The LL will not be the same with you. God bless you all.

Would also like to make a poignant post. 
Its been a long time since any of us have been at a game and I'm sure all of our lives have been forever changed by covid. When we stand at kick off on Saturday or whenever we first get our injection of hoof baw shithousery I'd hope that we all take a moment to reflect and think of those that we have lost over this terrible time.
LeoMessi, Jerry Maguire, Tutenkamum, Bob FTP Malcolm and of course his Lord and Saviour BU Brian to name but a few.
The LL will not be the same with you. God bless you all.

Brought a tear to my glass eye there craigie so you did.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

tbh Broomhill don't have much of a squad either, their manager said on the Down the Divisions podcast they only have 6 players - 2 of them goalies - when he joined them this week.

Aye but that's more due to incompetence rather than cyclical squad building as a University team.

FWIW I thought Gormley came over really well on that podcast. Liked his honesty. 

Thought I might take a dander down to Bonnyrigg today v Celtic B as at least they took a stand in the vote against the cheeks. But it's ST holders only. Is this just for the Rangers/Celtic visits then?

Think a few more were signed yesterday along with 2 loan players from Alloa.

Aye but that's more due to incompetence rather than cyclical squad building as a University team.
FWIW I thought Gormley came over really well on that podcast. Liked his honesty. 

38 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Thought I might take a dander down to Bonnyrigg today v Celtic B as at least they took a stand in the vote against the cheeks. But it's ST holders only. Is this just for the Rangers/Celtic visits then?

Depends how much their allowed in with the restrictions, seasons must have used up the limit.

Notice it has been reported Robbie saying he’s going in blind with Celtic not submitting a squad list for the league.

Another rule gone by the wayside.

32 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Notice it has been reported Robbie saying he’s going in blind with Celtic not submitting a squad list for the league.

Another rule gone by the wayside.

Shocking if true Andy

33 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Depends how much their allowed in with the restrictions, seasons must have used up the limit.

Yeah but then they would have had to cap their STs (at 250?) which doesn't make a lot of sense either, especially if the SG relax the restrictions later. It seems from their twitter that ST holders can just walk up, they're not doing a ballot like say ICT did, nor does it look like free PPV is being offered to any overspill. Mind you, fair play, that would be a hoor of a healthy sales figure...

Yeah but then they would have had to cap their STs (at 250?) which doesn't make a lot of sense either, especially if the SG relax the restrictions later. It seems from their twitter that ST holders can just walk up, they're not doing a ballot like say ICT did, nor does it look like free PPV is being offered to any overspill. Mind you, fair play, that would be a hoor of a healthy sales figure...
Season ticket sales were suspended last week until we go to Level 0. I'd estimate we have somewhere around 200, maybe a little more, season ticket holders so far.

3 hours ago, the tin man said:

Be good if the lowland media department used a bit o the old firm money to create a video highlights packag nothin fancy rather than having to check clubs twitters all the time

Previously I'd thought it would've been good move to create a single streaming service for all clubs to use, but as match streams have presumably been done away with again I do think this is a better idea now, and would do more to raise the profile of clubs than B teams. 

Was there any word on where the money was spent? Normally I wouldn't be fussed about the league being publically accountable for every penny, but given the bad PR this has generated it might be worth them actually saying what good has come out of it. 

12 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Previously I'd thought it would've been good move to create a single streaming service for all clubs to use, but as match streams have presumably been done away with again I do think this is a better idea now, and would do more to raise the profile of clubs than B teams. 

Was there any word on where the money was spent? Normally I wouldn't be fussed about the league being publically accountable for every penny, but given the bad PR this has generated it might be worth them actually saying what good has come out of it. 

Once it became clear it wasn't just getting split between the clubs, it was suggested it would go into the marketing of the league. Other than that suggestion I haven't seen anything specific.

Certainly hasn't been any noticeable changes compared to the past few years at any rate. Maybe they're hoping for the OF 'B'ump before going on a spending spree :)

36 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Once it became clear it wasn't just getting split between the clubs, it was suggested it would go into the marketing of the league. Other than that suggestion I haven't seen anything specific.

Certainly hasn't been any noticeable changes compared to the past few years at any rate. Maybe they're hoping for the OF 'B'ump before going on a spending spree :)

Any idea where the money is going then.

Would be funny if the clubs that voted for it ended up with £0.00