Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

44 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The two clubs who seemed to be most in favour of the Colts proposal have been given home ties on the first international weekend (i.e. one where there's usually a bigger attendance) against the B teams.

I think people are looking into this too much, the fixtures are done by the same guy who does the EoSFL, I’m not sure he would be taking too much notice of any “politics”. 

2 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

You obviously care 😀😉

The only reason being as i have said right since the colt thing raised its ugly head in the Challenge cup and i stand by is any club should only be allowed to have one team in the league system. Some of the lowland league teams have been willing to sell the others down the river. Have always said if as they seem determined to do get in to the proper league i would not continue to support my team and would look to possibly junior football and have made that clear to my club. The great one year experiment will if achieve nothing but give a couple sides an even bigger stranglehold  on the game in Scotland. There is a good chance those so keen to accept the bribe offered will no longer exist anyway in the future.  

Having just had a look at the fixtures for all the teams and the rational behind how the fixtures were worked out is totally baffling !
Obviously I had a look at Gretna 2008 fixtures first - to be given first 4 games away on the trot??? Why the need for that scenario is the real puzzler. Later on they have 3 home games on the trot - again why the need ???
Checking the rest of the clubs in the league and almost all have a run of 3 or 4 home or away games on the trot at some time - again - why ????
I know ever club has to play each other at some time but a good start gives momentum. Playing 4 away games to start is a very tough way to build that momentum.
In the past the normality would be alternate home / away fixtures but this current lot is a really strange way to plan a league campaign.
All in all a very lopsided fixture list which is difficult to understand why it has been worked out in that way.

We have 4 games away on the trot too in August/September. All hard ties

10 hours ago, VodkaTap said:

Having just had a look at the fixtures for all the teams and the rational behind how the fixtures were worked out is totally baffling !

Obviously I had a look at Gretna 2008 fixtures first - to be given first 4 games away on the trot??? Why the need for that scenario is the real puzzler. Later on they have 3 home games on the trot - again why the need ???

Checking the rest of the clubs in the league and almost all have a run of 3 or 4 home or away games on the trot at some time - again - why ????

I know ever club has to play each other at some time but a good start gives momentum. Playing 4 away games to start is a very tough way to build that momentum.

In the past the normality would be alternate home / away fixtures but this current lot is a really strange way to plan a league campaign.

All in all a very lopsided fixture list which is difficult to understand why it has been worked out in that way.

Gretna are getting a new pitch installed at Raydale and there's a reason East Stirlingshire are playing all their friendlies away from home. Common sense the clubs made the request.

18 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cannot understand all the negativity from some folk. The big story is for a lot of fans the competitive Fitbaw featuring their teams will soon be back ...... halle-fecking-lujah !!

All I now want is to see my team in action, be it against Barca B or Vale of Leithen.  As fans of a club who rejected the pestilent duo, we can hold our heads high and let all the trolls fire as many pot-shots as they like.

C'mon the BU's!

17 hours ago, RampantFM said:

Gretna are getting a new pitch installed at Raydale and there's a reason East Stirlingshire are playing all their friendlies away from home. Common sense the clubs made the request.

I now totally understand the reason for Gretna's request to start the season with away games.

Just a pity they did not feel that this sort of info was important enough to include on their App!!

1 hour ago, VodkaTap said:

Just a pity they did not feel that this sort of info was important enough to include on their App!!

They actually tweeted a picture and I posted it in the Gretna thread once I saw it - but when I checked recently it was gone from their Twitter.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the usual price that clubs are charging for individual player/shirt sponsorship this season? 

Wondering how it compares between the WoS, EoS, Highland and Lowland leagues.

2 hours ago, Dev said:

What's the usual price that clubs are charging for individual player/shirt sponsorship this season? 

The Shire have charged £120 for each of the past 6-8 seasons. No reason to think that will change.

1 hour ago, Myles Offside said:

The Shire have charged £120 for each of the past 6-8 seasons. No reason to think that will change.

£10 a ticket for a game though is a bit steap for the lowland league. I used to sometimes go if camelon were away or not playing. Think at that price I'll be giving it a miss.

2 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

£10 a ticket for a game though is a bit steap for the lowland league. I used to sometimes go if camelon were away or not playing. Think at that price I'll be giving it a miss.

Suppose they have ground rental costs and their playing in a stadium with good facilities for fans.

The cost of running a football club isn’t cheap.

On 22/06/2021 at 09:32, Marshmallo said:

Are Glasgow University still playing at Airdrie too?

On 22/06/2021 at 09:39, Marshmallo said:

Presumably someone is going to have to be playing on Fridays or Sundays every week in that case.

If some no name asshole like me can work out this might be an issue, then it shouldn't be hard for the brain's trust at the Lowland League to see this would be a potential problem.

Celtic won't bother their arse about games being rearranged but part time clubs are going to be without players due to work etc if games are going to be rearranged.

Spartans charging £150 for player sponsorship. Been that for a couple of years.

On 12/07/2021 at 14:44, yessiricanboogie said:

£10 is not steep though let's be honest. The cost of football is rising of course but not at a ridiculous rate. The shire were 12 and 6 iirc in league two so the fact that we've not reached that again after 5 years is very impressive, and shout out to the board for keeping our prices low considering our crowds have been dwindling. 10 pound to see a game at a decent level is still very good considering most spfl teams are minimum £15 now. It's relative to the level. When we first began LL we were the most expensive at £8 so £10 with a much higher standard of football and a lot of good and recognisable players on it is still pretty cheap imo