Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

18 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

That is certainly as good a reason as any as regards Gretna - didnt realise that was happening !!!

It certainly doesn't explain why almost all of the rest of the teams have a run of home / away games  in the first few months of the season tho.

Ripple effects I suppose. You've got Gretna 2008 in need of a run of away games. East Kilbride in the SPFL League Cup taking them out of two match days. With groundsharing factoring in a little, although the LL tends to just move off the Saturday.

36 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

That is certainly as good a reason as any as regards Gretna - didnt realise that was happening !!!

It certainly doesn't explain why almost all of the rest of the teams have a run of home / away games  in the first few months of the season tho.

Why not? If Gretna's pitch isn't ready then how can they have a run of H/A?

Their run is A-idle^-A*-A-A-H-A-A-H-H-H to the end of August. Then H (Cup)-H-A-H-H-A-A (Cup)-H-A-A-H-H*-A-H-A-H to 1st January

There's obviously been more away games plus a fixture reverse and an idle matchday fitted in to the first month of the season, then it returns to normality. 

^ EK playing in the cup * reversed fixture v Berwick

The situation of consecutive home or away games is not an isolated case with regard to Gretna.

The fixtures up to the end of 2021 means that only 3 clubs do not has a run of a minimum 3 home / away fixtures.

The 14 clubs have a total of 22 cases of the same minimum 3 consecutive games.

2 clubs in fact have a consecutive run of 5 home games. 

Also 2 clubs have 3 occasions of the same minimum consecutive games.

All of the above info applies to 2021 only.

This very odd pattern of games must undoubtably strain club finances. 

SLFL Memo to Celtic and Rangers B Management:

Hi guys, thanks for letting us know where you'll be playing. Here's the fixture list, don't worry if any dates don't suit you we can always change them. Love the strips by the way, see you in hospitality. Can you let BSC and the other ones, the French team that play at the shows know?

Toodle Pip.

SLFL Memo to other clubs:

There yer fücking dinner!

4 hours ago, caleyth said:

Pathetic. 

A league with boys clubs,  university teams,  pub teams, The toxic old firm the juniors used to by and large be a haven from,    a team with no name as well  yet but call the shots and give themselves shameless benefits in fixtures .

This is a way way worse horror show than anything the juniors could ever dream up. 

Juniors are still dead mate.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

SLFL Memo to Celtic and Rangers B Management:

Hi guys, thanks for letting us know where you'll be playing. Here's the fixture list, don't worry if any dates don't suit you we can always change them. Love the strips by the way, see you in hospitality. Can you let BSC and the other ones, the French team that play at the shows know?

Toodle Pip.

SLFL Memo to other clubs:

There yer fücking dinner!

I can only assume you are drunk, as none of that makes any sense whatsoever 😂😂😂

45 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cannot understand all the negativity from some folk. The big story is for a lot of fans the competitive Fitbaw featuring their teams will soon be back ...... halle-fecking-lujah !!

It’s always the way in Scotland, some people aren’t happy unless there is something to bitch about.

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Double groundhop I see as well - first one in October looks like the same home clubs as the previous two March editions, then there's another one in March with Caley Braves involved. Is it EOS clubs still for the first one, with perhaps WOS clubs in the second one?

Caley Braves get Celtic as well.

I’m not sure what relevance that has.

Edited by Big Dougie

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I preferred your deleted post "What a walloper". 5 consecutive posts do qualify you to identify wallpapers though.

I thought I would be benevolent and give you the benefit of the doubt. 😂😂. Apologies I wasn’t aware you weren’t allowed to post consecutively, another unwritten rule of P&B.😂😂

Just now, Big Dougie said:

I thought I would be benevolent and give you the benefit of the doubt. 😂😂. Apologies I wasn’t aware you weren’t allowed to post consecutively, another unwritten rule of P&B.😂😂

Not a rule, but you can multiquote. I'll teach you one day.

2 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

I’m not sure what relevance that has.

The two clubs who seemed to be most in favour of the Colts proposal have been given home ties on the first international weekend (i.e. one where there's usually a bigger attendance) against the B teams.

I would say its a very cynical take. You have to keep in mind the normal process to this, where 'local' teams have been grouped together to maximise the International weekends and Festive periods for potential derbies.

You've got the more obvious on 4/9

• Bo'ness United v. East Stirlingshire
  • CSS v. Spartans
  • Dalbeattie Star v. Gretna 2008
  • Edinburgh University v. Stirling University
  • VoL v. Gala FR

Which left BSC, Caledonian Braves, Bonnyrigg Rose, Berwick Rangers, East Kilbride, and Cumbernauld Colts at loose ends.