Fun facts

On 28/12/2021 at 08:42, Newbornbairn said:

That was the point - it took a long time but you were in excruciating pain.  There are accounts of people being lifted off it with their bones totally exposed where the flesh had been torn away. 

I believe the first instance of this happened to an R. Stornoway.

13 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Feaguing was the medieval practice of putting a live eel in a horse's rectum to make it seem livelier when being sold.

Researching this, as you do, I came across this horsey sex den etching. The eel man is just out of shot I assume, don't blame him.

Nicking-13-1.jpg

On 28/12/2021 at 22:50, tamthebam said:

Unscrupulous dealers used to shove a bit of ginger up an old horse's arse to make it look more lively and the practice was banned at horse fairs.

Pretty sure Arnold Clark still do that with their cars.

The woman who invented correction fluid (e.g. Tipp Ex) gave birth to the recently deceased bobble-hatted one from The Monkees.

She died shortly after selling her company to Gilette for $58 million, the money went to little Mike, far more than he ever made from being in one of the biggest bands on the planet.

The woman who invented correction fluid (e.g. Tipp Ex) gave birth to the recently deceased bobble-hatted one from The Monkees.

She died shortly after selling her company to Gilette for $58 million, the money went to little Mike, far more than he ever made from being in one of the biggest bands on the planet.

I was sceptical of this

So I fact checked it

Now I’m a believer

On 30/12/2021 at 22:45, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I was sceptical of this

So I fact checked it

Now I’m a believer

You do realise what this means?

He was a member of one of the greatest bands there ever was but she made more money by literally being able to erase history.

Pretty scary I think.

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

You do realise what this means?

He was a member of one of the greatest bands there ever was but she made more money by literally being able to erase history.

Pretty scary I think.

Billy Shears likes this.