Fun facts

I've been over indulging in Star Trek fun facts, so let's go another way...

Nobody says "Ewok" at any point during Return of the Jedi. People only know that's what they are called because of the toys that came out alongside the movies. 

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

BBC did a show about it, part 1/3 below. I thought it was the blasphemy thing but apparently it was about her getting her kit off.

In Sweden, the publicity for the film was "So funny, they banned it in Norway."

James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek) had two fingers of his right hand shot off during the D-Day landings in World War 2. Whenever you see him on screen pushing a button, it's always with his left hand. He usually kept his right hand either behind his back or curled in a ball so nobody could see his missing fingers.
tumblr_oxvorlbkRh1qmob6ro1_400.gifv&key=f2ef65d88c77c90463927c347c0fccb650d2ccc7ec4a9b4c13520a7601d6ac08
No shit. I was sure it was from recoil on a Phaser he was fixing for Uhursir the Fife communications lass.

On 28/07/2021 at 23:28, Bully Wee Villa said:

Looks like he only had one finger shot off, though that did make him uniquely qualified to do the "Live Long and Prosper" sign.

6844603f89da72fa7c503dc05f21d6b3.jpg

That's a lovely photograph and he looks so happy.

I thought he'd passed away some time ago.

12 hours ago, sophia said:

That's a lovely photograph and he looks so happy.

I thought he'd passed away some time ago.

He died about 15 years ago. His ashes were shot into space. Of the original Star Trek regular cast, Doohan, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley and Majel Roddenberry have died. That leaves 4 left alive (Shatner, Koenig, Takei and Nichols). For a show made in the 60s that's fairly good going.

Compare to Babylon 5, shown in the 90s. Of that regular cast, Michael O'Hare, Jerry Doyle, Mira Furlan, Richard Biggs, Stephen Furst, Jeff Conaway and Andreas Katsulas have all since passed away. 

On 28/07/2021 at 09:30, scottsdad said:

James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek) had two fingers of his right hand shot off during the D-Day landings in World War 2. Whenever you see him on screen pushing a button, it's always with his left hand. He usually kept his right hand either behind his back or curled in a ball so nobody could see his missing fingers.

tumblr_oxvorlbkRh1qmob6ro1_400.gifv

Not the worst price to pay for a pass out of there..