G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s very good. Obviously Real are a brilliant side but the 2nd and 3rd seeds are as weak as you could hope far. Decent chance to progress and at the very points = £’s.

It'll be an embarrassment if they don't get at least third.

37 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Shakhtar will finish 4th.

They haven’t played a “home” game in about 8 years with Donetsk being occupied since 2014

So they’ll be used to playing away for home games 

I wouldn’t write them off at all 

ignoring real madrid i see this as a group of 3 between us, RB and Donetsk. 1st gets CL after xmas, 2nd gets europa league, 3rd is out. so just outdo at least one of them and we're good.

but looking back at Madrid over the last 5ish group stages they've been beaten home and away by cska moscow and donetsk while also losing to Sheriff so maybe just maybe this could be one of those kind of years for Madrid and we get to be the lucky recipients. of course its hilarious that both cska and donetsk despite winning both ties over madrid somehow managed to finish last in both groups

Edited by Lionsof67

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

Celtic must be confident considering they’ve told us Leipzig are bang average ever since we beat them last season 😂

What’s not to be confident about? 2nd is what we should be aiming for

Edited by Jinky67

50 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I absolutely agree. If you could have hand picked the 2nd and 3rd seeds that’s the ones you would have picked. Also playing Madrid last is a bonus as I expect they’ll have qualified by then and won’t play all of their ‘galacticos’.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I’m not saying not to be confident, I’m just looking forward to the inevitable opinion change that’ll come from Celtic fans should they beat Leipzig. They’ll all of a sudden be a very good team.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not saying not to be confident, I’m just looking forward to the inevitable opinion change that’ll come from Celtic fans should they beat Leipzig. They’ll all of a sudden be a very good team.

My question about that is why care? It will be what it will be 😉

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I absolutely agree. If you could have hand picked the 2nd and 3rd seeds that’s the ones you would have picked. Also playing Madrid last is a bonus as I expect they’ll have qualified by then and won’t play all of their ‘galacticos’.

Also getting Real Madrid at home 1st is also good. They have shown in previous seasons they can be slow starters and been on the receiving end of a few upsets, fingers crossed we can be one of them and at least start with a point. 

The draw and the fixtures have been kind to us imo

Edited by Jinky67