G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

We usually run we with a net surplus, just looking out how much we spend is nonsense as money isn’t forked out if we don’t receive transfer the money in the same or previous window. 

But net spend does not signify the quality of player you bring in, transfer outlay does.

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

But net spend does not signify the quality of player you bring in, transfer outlay does.

It also then shows the drop in quality though, for example saying we forked out a couple of million for Taylor whilst kindly ignoring he’s replaced a player costing 10 times what we paid for him is a bit ridiculous. 

43 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It also then shows the drop in quality though, for example saying we forked out a couple of million for Taylor whilst kindly ignoring he’s replaced a player costing 10 times what we paid for him is a bit ridiculous. 

That is true, but essentially, with the sale of 2 players in the summer Celtic have undertook a squad rebuild with players costing millions of pounds. 

On 25/02/2022 at 19:45, Drew Brees said:

Given the amount of time the manager has been in, the amount of signings and the shit show he was left with, I’ll happily take getting knocked out of the worst uefa comp since the cup winners cup to concentrate on the league run in. 

C.W.C. was brilliant !

On 25/02/2022 at 21:47, Jinky67 said:

That he did we got papped out to Artmedia Bratislava getting beat 5-0 in his 1st game. Oh how I remember the banter and how much of an unmitigated disaster they said he was going to be.

He then in the next 2 seasons took us to the last 16 of the Champions League and beating the likes of Man U and Milan.

Not that I expect us to be doing this next season however give him and this squad time to gel properly and I’m confident we will be better

Surely Ange will want to sort out the ( central ) defence ?

7 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

Surely Ange will want to sort out the ( central ) defence ?

I'd imagine so, CCV is on loan and we have no indication as of yet if he will stay beyond that. Starfelt i'm not convinced with however we have been here with centre halfs before who turned good in the 2nd season, Alan Stubbs was a good example of that. 

Centre halfs and a left back would be top of my list for the summer for sure

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
48 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's lovely when something comes back to bite someone on the arse 😂

Why have we somehow not qualified for the Champions League now? You seem to be unaware of the context of why that was posted 😉

Edited by Jinky67

3 hours ago, bennett said:

celtic gambled and spent a fortune last season to deny Rangers the champions league money. 

They would have probably succeeded if you hadn't jinxed it Jinky.

Celtic spent money to rebuild an entire squad to win the league and gain entry for ourselves for our own benefit hence why i posted that after we beat you at Ibrox essentially securing our entry into the Champions League. That’s what i care about.

Your 1st thought is always to what the other side is doing hence why your quoting this as some sort of gotcha 🤣

So does Rangers qualifying in someway mean i should be less happy about my club being in the Champions League? 

7 hours ago, bennett said:

celtic gambled and spent a fortune last season to deny Rangers the champions league money. 

They would have probably succeeded if you hadn't jinxed it Jinky.

We got our spot through being champions. We couldn't give a shite about sevco sneaking in!