G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

All very well and good however can you remind me what happened the season prior which would be the most relevant season as to where Ange had to build from? 

What happened was Celtic yet again outspent every other team in the league as they consistently done year after year after year 

and still the only Scottish team to be knocked out of Europe three times in the one season 

2 hours ago, Ewan8472 said:

Did Strachan's stint as manager not begin with getting cuffed in Europe !

It seems agreed Celtic have ( recently ) acquired some really good players to add to MacGregor , Rogic so the should get some time to gel

That he did we got papped out to Artmedia Bratislava getting beat 5-0 in his 1st game. Oh how I remember the banter and how much of an unmitigated disaster they said he was going to be.

He then in the next 2 seasons took us to the last 16 of the Champions League and beating the likes of Man U and Milan.

Not that I expect us to be doing this next season however give him and this squad time to gel properly and I’m confident we will be better

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

What happened was Celtic yet again outspent every other team in the league as they consistently done year after year after year 

and still the only Scottish team to be knocked out of Europe three times in the one season 

Also won the 1st domestic trophy of the season…you know the one you haven’t won in 12 years not to mention got ourselves into pole position for the automatic champions league place.

Not too bad for a 1st season plus a healthy set of financials too. Europe will come

11 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

And yet you’re behind us in the league. Rangers must be really, really shite.

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

All very well and good however can you remind me what happened the season prior which would be the most relevant season as to where Ange had to build from? 

You finished 2nd as I’ve already said and done slightly better in Europe as were only knocked out of two competitions.

You make out Ange has risen a Phoenix from the ashes. He’s not, he has the team with the biggest budget by a mile, who wins the league most seasons, top of the league.

52 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

celtic completed a 4th treble in a row. 

31 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You finished 2nd as I’ve already said and done slightly better in Europe as were only knocked out of two competitions.

You make out Ange has risen a Phoenix from the ashes. He’s not, he has the team with the biggest budget by a mile, who wins the league most seasons, top of the league.

And how many points did we finish behind Rangers? At what stage did we reach in the domestic cup competitions? All things you are looking past because it doesn’t fit the narrative you are continually trying to push.

And how can we have done better if only 2 European competitions were in existence? What an utterly fucking stupid suggestion 😂 We finished last mate….last. If the ECL existed last season we wouldn’t have even qualified so how can it be better?

You used to be quite balanced and reasonable poster and i held you in pretty high regard but recently you have become a boring anti-Ange cheerleader repeating the same shite over and over again.

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

And how many points did we finish behind Rangers? At what stage did we reach in the domestic cup competitions? All things you are looking past because it doesn’t fit the narrative you are continually trying to push.

And how can we have done better if only 2 European competitions were in existence? What an utterly fucking stupid suggestion 😂 We finished last mate….last. If the ECL existed last season we wouldn’t have even qualified so how can it be better?

You used to be quite balanced and reasonable poster but recently you have become a boring anti-Ange cheerleader repeating the same shite over and over again.

I’m not anti-Ange, I just don’t think he’s the God-like super coach that many portray him as.

You will quite rightly be delighted if you win the league, and good luck to you, but it’s not some super achievement.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not anti-Ange, I just don’t think he’s the God-like super coach that many portray him as.

You will quite rightly be delighted if you win the league, and good luck to you, but it’s not some super achievement.

Maybe to an impoverished Lanarkshire based weegie it is

"I want to go deep in every competition. I’ve never entered anything without thinking about trying to be successful in it. I took Australia to a WC and thought I could win it. I know people will say I’m being ridiculous but that’s just the way I’m made up. 

You go into something and do your utmost to be successful so that’s what we’ll do in Europe. We’re in it and we want success in it. 

That’s what we’ll try to do. I’m not discounting this competition. I want us to perform well in it and win because it adds to the prestige and story of this football club."

19 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Yup, great value for money season on season..........................

Their supporters still to realise how poor they really are.....

On 25/02/2022 at 14:33, TheScarf said:

It's crazy how much better their players are than Celtic's.  Just a level above everywhere on the park.

As ever, Celtic fans having suffered another European humiiation, still cling to the belief they support a decent football team,...

Hahahahahahahhaahhahaaha!

6 minutes ago, DunblaneICT said:

As ever, Celtic fans having suffered another European humiiation, still cling to the belief they support a decent football team,...

Hahahahahahahhaahhahaaha!

Standard response is to call out the Teddy Bears in one way or another...............

It's really all they have.

Here's to next season's (short) Euro trip....................!

On 25/02/2022 at 20:03, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Here was me thinking he’d taken over a club that’d won 14 of the last 20 league title including 9 of the last 10 and finished 2nd last season as well as being able to spend an amount of money on new signings that far outweighed any other team in the league ? Oh well, I must be mistaken.

We usually run we with a net surplus, just looking out how much we spend is nonsense as money isn’t forked out if we don’t receive transfer the money in the same or previous window. 

Edited by gannonball