G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

What a one sided, non event of a tie that was. Completely outclassed by a side that seems to have its stadium in an office block and hadn’t kicked a competitive ball for months.
Yet another low point for Celtic in Europe.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

John Hartson just said that Celtic perhaps aren't yet ready to face the big teams in the competition like Bodo Glimt. 

Tha'ts the Norwegian champions who play in a 7500 capacity stadium against the mighty Celtic. Staggering that the media don't call it out for what it really is.

But. Wait a minute. Now they won’t be able to blame the competition in Scotland. Isn’t it their level of domestic competition to blame? I’m confused. Could it be that Celtic are just a bit shit? No, can’t be. I’ll read one of the red tops tomorrow before deciding why they are hard done by. Thank f**k for newspapers.

4 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Bodo play in a competitive league, ultimately. 

Much harder to build players good enough to sell when you've got two bigger clubs who monopolise the game desperate to take them when and where they can. 

Aberdeen know what we are. I'm as critical as anyone of aberdeen. 

Yous kid everyone on about your greatness. Absolutely slapped by this side. 

Hence the pointing, hence the laughing 

Yeah we did get slapped, have we suggested any differently? 😂

But also doesn’t change that you care more, much more about laughing at Celtic than you do about seeing Aberdeen get their shit together and maybe contribute something themselves.

Odd mentality

Just now, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

End of the day Ange is fairly shite. Been given a huge chequebook to play a particular brand of football against teams funded far, far less than them. 

You keep mentioning making excuses however isn’t that what you are doing by saying you can’t compete with Anges chequebook?

Well tbf neither can Bodo however here we are. 

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Now they won’t be able to blame the competition in Scotland.

The competition in Scotland didnt seem to hold back Rangers last week. The OF change the narrative to suit the particular argument.

Scottish champions should be putting on a better showing against the Norwegian champions over two legs, surely? 5-1 on aggregate deary me. Circle the wagons for the inevitable "it's the league that matters" type of quotes.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah we did get slapped, have we suggested any differently? 😂

But also doesn’t change that you care more, much more about laughing at Celtic than you do about seeing Aberdeen get their shit together and maybe contribute something themselves.

Odd mentality

Why are these two things mutually exclusive. C’mon jinky, I know you’re hurting but you’re letting yourself down here.

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

Why are these two things mutually exclusive. C’mon jinky, I know you’re hurting but you’re letting yourself down here.

If we drop the league I’ll be hurting especially now that we have no excuses left if performance levels drop. I’ve never hid the fact that I could take or leave Europe this season.

We weren’t good enough in Europe this year, simple as that but we kind of knew that from the very first game this season that we probably wouldn’t be good enough to do well in Europe this season. 

4 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

We can't throw money at it, unfortunately. Almost all the teams that put us out have more of it. Qarabag, Burnley, Real San Sebastián, Rijeka are a good side who beat us, we got beat off Sporting Lisbon last year- who went on to be champions of Portugal. 

Not very much Aberdeen can do unless we get better luck with our draws. The one in recent times that irked me was Apollon Limassol, but that was McInnes ball (ie he shat it second leg).

So aye, apples and Oranges (they are fruit, Jinky) but if you want to compare them, crack on. 

Even forgot about Kairat Almaty, who despite being a minnow, were backed by billionaires! Had some really good Brazilians. 

But hey, that's life. 

Has it stopped Bodo? 

5 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Because that's a reasonable excuse. 

9/10 times the team with the most resources wins the league, in just about every country. Or one of the richest teams win the league. In our case- only Glasgow Celgers. 

No it’s not, you don’t need to win the league to qualify for Europe in Scotland. Aberdeen have the resources to be the best of the rest……. And you are not. I don’t imagine Bodo will have resources that are much different from Aberdeen so yeah keep making excuses buddy. Your club like mine can do better…much better

10 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

We probs should/could. 

Very harsh to compare us to a total anomaly in Bodo tho. 

Aberdeen should be third and in group stage football. I agree. But, I've listed you the names that have knocked us out- they dwarf our budget by tens of millions, to beat any of these teams will be hard. 

Celtic are getting knocked out by sides who's budgets are percentages of theirs.

That's the difference. 

Again it’s not suggesting Bodo are an anomaly is just an excuse to stop you facing into why your own club aren’t doing better. I know mines should do better, much better however this season I’m willing to take the hit to allow the manager a couple of transfer windows to build a squad that’s entirely his own. Next season I will be expecting much better from us.

As someone else said Bodo are a team well coached and drilled, organised and confident with zero superstars in their team. They just done us proper, why can’t you?

And the reverse of that is also true Bodo are beating teams with much larger budgets than theirs like us and Roma so again why can’t you?

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

You're so thick it's not worth conversing. 

Bodo. Are. A. One. Off. 

It's mental to suggest Aberdeen should "just dae that" 

Animated GIF

No pal they aren’t a one off, as there have been many small clubs like Bodo who punched way above their weight in Europe and there will be more in the future.

So most definitely not a one off 

Edited by Jinky67

I fear we are suffering a slump in form at a pivotal time here. I know there were a lot of changes in the team tonight, but our performances have dipped in recent matches. Thankfully we’re managing wins domestically but we need to up our game a bit.

6 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I fear we are suffering a slump in form at a pivotal time here. I know there were a lot of changes in the team tonight, but our performances have dipped in recent matches. Thankfully we’re managing wins domestically but we need to up our game a bit.

I think we are rotating a little too much. We don’t have any more injuries however the starting 11 has 3 or 4 changes every game

Next 3 league games are huge particularly next week away to Livi

Edited by Jinky67

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

The competition in Scotland didnt seem to hold back Rangers last week. The OF change the narrative to suit the particular argument.

Scottish champions should be putting on a better showing against the Norwegian champions over two legs, surely? 5-1 on aggregate deary me. Circle the wagons for the inevitable "it's the league that matters" type of quotes.

Ahem, "scottish champions" the scottish champions just dumped dortmund out the EL tonight,