G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

12 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Why is it that the fans of either cheek start to spout their songs of bile more vociferously when they're getting beat/gubbed ??   It's like an act of defiance and all they have left to show that they're the core support of their team.

The Kamara racism booing was correctly called out by BT, but they, like every other broadcaster, turn a deef lug to the bile spouted every Saturday/Sunday during domestic games.

When it suits, it would appear.

The booing of Kamara was nothing to do with racism. No other black Rangers player was subjected to it. You need to remember that Slavia last year told a very different story about the incident than was reported here and, despite the player being found guilty, they continually said he was innocent. That would have been all over the Czech media and obviously influences people, even kids. 

23 minutes ago, sydney said:

The booing of Kamara was nothing to do with racism. No other black Rangers player was subjected to it. You need to remember that Slavia last year told a very different story about the incident than was reported here and, despite the player being found guilty, they continually said he was innocent. That would have been all over the Czech media and obviously influences people, even kids. 

I suggest you watch the game back, Kamara was not the only player being boo'd, his boo's were just the loudest.

Ange seems like a good manager and I think if given the time he will do well. However, playing two young inexperienced guys as inverted full backs, in a big European game against a quality side, is akin to abuse. Leverkusen broke too quickly for those kind of tactics, Ralston was all over the place when he was trying to get back in to position. 

Starfelt looks like a hilariously bad purchase, even Premiership teams have been making him look silly so he doesn’t stand a chance against teams like Betis or Leverkusen. 

We need Celtic and Rangers pumped as bad as possible and, ideally, not to qualify for the EL group stages.  The fact that they both made it to the group is disappointing.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We need Celtic and Rangers pumped as bad as possible and, ideally, not to qualify for the EL group stages.  The fact that they both made it to the group is disappointing.

This.

All this chat about "its bad for Scottish football chat" is utter pish.   Arguably worse than the colt teams chat.

Get Celtgers pumped routinely in Europe every day of the week and twice on a Thursday.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This.

All this chat about "its bad for Scottish football chat" is utter pish.   Arguably worse than the colt teams chat.

Get Celtgers pumped routinely in Europe every day of the week and twice on a Thursday.

I think it's a bit of a more complex scenario. I'd be very apathetic to see all Scottish teams other than my own gubbed out of europe as early as possible, but I appreciate that it will ultimately hinder my own team.

Due to the issues that UEFA's coefficient and seeding systems bring, the more difficult it will become for teams to qualify if we are collectively doing poorly.

We (collective we - not just Rangers and Celtic) will lose qualification places, enter competitions earlier and face tougher opponents as a result. So, the argument of "it's bad for Scottish football" is not just the case that it's bad when Rangers and/or Celtic get beat, but it's bad for Scottish football when we collectively do poorly.

That's not to say I want to see other Scottish teams do well in Europe, because I don't particularly, I just recognise the poorer we perform as a nation the more it will impact my own club.

39 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think it's a bit of a more complex scenario. I'd be very apathetic to see all Scottish teams other than my own gubbed out of europe as early as possible, but I appreciate that it will ultimately hinder my own team.

Due to the issues that UEFA's coefficient and seeding systems bring, the more difficult it will become for teams to qualify if we are collectively doing poorly.

We (collective we - not just Rangers and Celtic) will lose qualification places, enter competitions earlier and face tougher opponents as a result. So, the argument of "it's bad for Scottish football" is not just the case that it's bad when Rangers and/or Celtic get beat, but it's bad for Scottish football when we collectively do poorly.

That's not to say I want to see other Scottish teams do well in Europe, because I don't particularly, I just recognise the poorer we perform as a nation the more it will impact my own club.

Arguableyif you undertook a YouLaugh or Laughvation survey, more people would have been pissing their pants laughing at Celtgers than they would have been at Aberdeen/Hibs/StJohnstone getting pumped a few weeks back.

And laughter is the best medicine. 

Not my words, the words of Fred West. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey