G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

15 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Score over the 2 legs that mattered which we won over a team that by your own admission would have put you out. 

They were significantly better than any team we will play domestically this season

Unless you draw Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup you mean? 

On 30/08/2021 at 20:45, The Master said:

Rather unsatisfactory isn't it.

Basically police said "no" to either playing at home in November due to the conference (yet it's OK in Premiership on adjacent weekends?); then vetoed same night in October which resulted.

Btw when did a Scottish club last play a home European game on a weekday afternoon? During the 'Three Day Week'? Back before floodlights (but did anybody enter before they had lights)?

Celtic had some teatime kickoffs when they took-over Sion's schedule a few years ago IIRC but not afternoons.

Hibs played Djurgardens at Firhill on a weekday afternoon in 1955 but that was the 'away' leg.

19 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Basically police said "no" to either playing at home in November due to the conference (yet it's OK in Premiership on adjacent weekends?); then vetoed same night in October which resulted.

It's UEFA's stance that's arguably the worst part. Their instance that nothing can go up against the Champions League - including their own competition - is what's led to the 3.30pm kick-off. 

On 10/09/2021 at 13:57, HibeeJibee said:

Btw when did a Scottish club last play a home European game on a weekday afternoon? During the 'Three Day Week'? Back before floodlights (but did anybody enter before they had lights)?

Celtic had some teatime kickoffs when they took-over Sion's schedule a few years ago IIRC but not afternoons.

Hibs played Djurgardens at Firhill on a weekday afternoon in 1955 but that was the 'away' leg.

I'm sure Rangers played a German team on an early KO about 20 odd years ago, but I can't remember if it was a home tie or not.

Celtic v Athletic Madrid 1985 ...2pm ko..fans were banned though because of cheating Austrians previous season .

6 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm sure Rangers played a German team on an early KO about 20 odd years ago, but I can't remember if it was a home tie or not.

Back before central rights deals German TV sometimes had ££ clout to obtain teatime KOs... e.g. Raith v Bayern at Easter Road was 6pm... but afternoon itself I'm unsure.

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Back before central rights deals German TV sometimes had ££ clout to obtain teatime KOs... e.g. Raith v Bayern at Easter Road was 6pm... but afternoon itself I'm unsure.

That rings a bell. I vaguely remember talk of us being paid by German TV to move it to an earlier time.