G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Score over the 2 legs that mattered which we won over a team that by your own admission would have put you out. 

They were significantly better than any team we will play domestically this season

Spot on - I thought you were fortunate tonight but you are in the next round which is what matters.

You won’t be put under any pressure domestically which isn’t a bad thing as your defence and gk are defo the weakest part of your team.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Spot on - I thought you were fortunate tonight but you are in the next round which is what matters.

You won’t be put under any pressure domestically which isn’t a bad thing as your defence and gk are defo the weakest part of your team.

Agree to an extent if it was Barkas who made that mistake his arse completely collapses and we ship a bucketload. Hart did make some good important saves but the howler is a fucking belter. Welsh didn’t help him by letting the ball bounce.

Everyone knows our defence needs a lot of work. We need at the minimum another centre half and a left back however if this was last season we would have lost this tie comprehensively. They at least showed determination and bottle again something sorely lacking last season.

Its progress so we have to be relatively happy and if f**k all else it’s exciting to watch 😂

Edited by Jinky67

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Agree to an extent if it was Barkas who made that mistake his arse completely collapses and we ship a bucketload. Hart did make some good important saves but the howler is a fucking belter. Welsh didn’t help him by letting the ball bounce.

Everyone knows our defence needs a lot of work. We need at the minimum another centre half and a left back however if this was last season we would have lost this tie comprehensively. They at least showed determination and bottle again something sorely lacking last season.

Its progress so we have to be relatively happy and if f**k all else it’s exciting to watch 😂

When Julien returns he’ll help.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

When Julien returns he’ll help.

He will but he’s been out a long time so would be unfair to put that burden of expectation on him alone, I’d be much happier for us to bring another even if just on loan 

Just now, Empty It said:
5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:
We all need a bit of luck here and there but you already know that from the 1st game of the season 

Yeah you're right, Celtic were lucky to not get a hammering that day aswell

667D3628-0856-45F6-963E-4263E2D2772B.gif.b980fc62453baef6d2507a798c9a8b0f.gif

10 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

the goalkeeper made a big mistake, but if he isnt in goal celtic don't go into the draw tomorrow, he's made more than a couple of really good saves that the other diddies at the club wouldnt have been near, in my opinion he's every bit as good as ''shagger'' who's supposed to be the best keeper in the country.

Edited by Meldrew

The fear descended after the 2nd howler and playing it out of defence while AZ pressed very well high up became like a horror show but once Eddy came on and could hold the ball for the midfield the game turned. Its clear we need that type of striker against good teams in europe who can hold the ball. That and a left back. If we can get those 2 it will make a big difference.

The result last night is all that matters, we were playing with 3 young Defenders with little experience in domestic football let alone away from home in europe, they will improve a lot. 

I know Starfelt has made far too many mistakes and one more and he should be dropped but if you took 2nd half on its own he played well. I hope hes turned the corner as that goal was hitting rock bottom :) .

If he deosnt improve now then he needs dropped and will have to work hard to get back into the team but he cant be that bad he played every game last season Rubin Kazan, he cant have been making mistakes consistently like he has been with us. Id still give him time. no much though mind.

Its going to take months for the team to learn to play this way in tough games like last night so bad performances are to be expected from time to time until then but we had a bad performance and still got the result that counts for a lot.

Edited by BigDoddyKane

Far from the easiest draw we coulda got, but one i'm looking forward to going and watching, very good draw for those that like to go away too.

Hopefully we can be competitive and qualify but at the bare minimum we should be looking to atleast finish 3rd