G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Can only assume Abada has picked up a knock or being rested for Sunday

Or Ange has dropped him. IIRC Urhoghide, Shaw and McCarthy haven't played in competitive matches this season.

McCarthy may be building up his fitness. Is he not fit enough for the bench.?

It's no surprise that Ange does not rate the two signings from a terrible Sheffield Wednesday side who were relegated to League One.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Or Ange has dropped him. IIRC Urhoghide, Shaw and McCarthy haven't played in competitive matches this season.

McCarthy may be building up his fitness. Is he not fit enough for the bench.?

It's no surprise that Ange does not rate the two signings from a terrible Sheffield Wednesday side who were relegated to League One.

Possibly rested him. 

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Finish, movement was outstanding just a shame it’s chopped off. This lad is something else

Early days for him in Scotland but do you think he’ll end playing at one of the better leagues ?

His scoring record in Japan was ok but spectacular so be interesting to see how many he scores up here. Given he’s currently sitting at a goal every 23 mins in games he’s started I’d suggest he’ll do much better in Scotland in that area.

Also, he’s not a regular for Japan but again appreciate they are a good side and are ranked well above Scotland.

Reading the reports he sounds like a very intelligent striker so just wondered what you thought mate.

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Joe Hart there looking a clown, saved by his defence.

Aye we'll most likely be punished by better teams at times Ross but I'm trying not to get too upset about it the now.

That was a solid performance tonight by the lads and I'm falling in love with Postecoglu.

46 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Joe Hart there looking a clown, saved by his defence.

After he made 2 very good saves something we haven’t seen any goalkeeper for Celtic do in 18 months. 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Early days for him in Scotland but do you think he’ll end playing at one of the better leagues ?

His scoring record in Japan was ok but spectacular so be interesting to see how many he scores up here. Given he’s currently sitting at a goal every 23 mins in games he’s started I’d suggest he’ll do much better in Scotland in that area.

Also, he’s not a regular for Japan but again appreciate they are a good side and are ranked well above Scotland.

Reading the reports he sounds like a very intelligent striker so just wondered what you thought mate.

I suppose that depends on how he does here. He has started brilliant and his movement and work rate are on another level he must be an absolute pain in the arse to defend.

I wouldn’t look too much into his goal record in Japan tbf from what I understand he played wide quite a lot.

But early signs suggest we have grabbed a bit of a bargain here 

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I suppose that depends on how he does here. He has started brilliant and his movement and work rate are on another level he must be an absolute pain in the arse to defend.

I wouldn’t look too much into his goal record in Japan tbf from what I understand he played wide quite a lot.

But early signs suggest we have grabbed a bit of a bargain here 

That would defo explain the goal record and I suppose the reality is the Japanese league is probably technically better than hours.

Tbf, if he’s any good at all he’ll have a field day against the majority of the defences in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That would defo explain the goal record and I suppose the reality is the Japanese league is probably technically better than hours.

Tbf, if he’s any good at all he’ll have a field day against the majority of the defences in Scotland.

Up against much better opposition in the playoff game so should give us a good indication of where he and i guess us as a team are really at.