G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

He’s probably the only one from top to bottom that can get a get out of jail free card for this   

Why is recruitment not happening?  Abada the only new face on a side that looked finished last season.

Moving on from Eduoard should have been priority number 1 for the summer. Then a goalkeeper and a centre half.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It sounds ridiculous but I think he did quite well to take Midtjylland to extra-time with that squad. They’re not some pub team.

It is a dereliction of duty bordering on self-sabotage for the club to have wasted so much time waiting on Eddie Howe. New signings needed to be in for the qualifiers and that should have included a keeper and at least two new centre backs.

Would not be shocked if they end up losing the EL qualifier as well tbh.

I'll be surprised if they're in the top 3 of the league by the end of the first quarter. This is going to be a great laugh this season. 

It sounds ridiculous but I think he did quite well to take Midtjylland to extra-time with that squad. They’re not some pub team.

It is a dereliction of duty bordering on self-sabotage for the club to have wasted so much time waiting on Eddie Howe. New signings needed to be in for the qualifiers and that should have included a keeper and at least two new centre backs.

The ‘going into the qualifiers with no central defence’ happens every year. 

If Celtic lose to Jablonec in EL qualifier, does that mean they drop into Conference League Group Stage?

Yes and when they get eliminated from that it's straight into the Challenge Cup final. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Unless they get some players in I’m not sure they’ll best Hearts in the League Cup let alone win in the EL game. They look a bang average SPFL Premiership team at the moment and with Eddy up top they’re playing with ten men as he’s absolutely chucked it. I’ve not seen Rangers this season but I’m tempted to bet my house on them winning the league as Celtic will be lucky to finish second unless they get the chequebook out fast. 

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Why is recruitment not happening?  Abada the only new face on a side that looked finished last season.

Moving on from Eduoard should have been priority number 1 for the summer. Then a goalkeeper and a centre half.

They have signed a couple of other players but Furuhashi is isolating and new centre back Starfelt wasn’t registered in time.

I would predict Starfelt will play at Hearts on Sat.

18 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Not so.

Celtic also brought in Shaw, Uhroghide (both on the bench tonight) and Furuhashi.

ETA - I assume that Starfelt was not eligible or is in quarantine.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

3 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Don't wether to cry or laugh for Scotland they have done us an embarrassment but for rangers u have done us proud get it in u I have never seen a fall from grace greater than this celtic lot

They've basically been so obsessed with all things Sevco that they noticed what was happening to their own team, even Lawwell seemed more interested in point scoring against Rangers. 

4 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Don't wether to cry or laugh for Scotland they have done us an embarrassment but for rangers u have done us proud get it in u I have never seen a fall from grace greater than this celtic lot

1st June 2012, Rangers went down 3 leagues in 5 mins. I’d say that’s a bigger fall from grace tbqhwy.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

1st June 2012, Rangers went down 3 leagues in 5 mins. I’d say that’s a bigger fall from grace tbqhwy.

Thank you for your honesty but that won't go down well with the Sevco/ers.