G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

Taking chances defines the calibre of player 

Of course it does, highlights we need better quality up top to put these chances away as we have over the 5 games created shitloads. 

Mooy is a wasted jersey though

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Of course it does, highlights we need better quality up top to put these chances away as we have over the 6 games created shitloads. 

Mooy is a wasted jersey though

But you don't have good enough players 

Just as Scotland don't,  when we pass up important chances 

Worst Celtic have played in Europe this season. Seemed slow, lacked urgency and were slow to get it forward which is the opposite of their style.

They looked very disjointed going forward, passes not finding each other. Not seen anyone else say the same but thought Giakoumakis was poor. Good finisher but not great in the build up play. Abada usually brilliant, had a rare off day as well and Kyogo playing so far deep didn’t help. 

Not sure why they changed and went with 2 up front when they’d never done it domestically before. Strange call given Celtic dominated the last game. Think Carter Vickers Will be away from Celtic very soon. Arguably at fault for the first goal but he looks like the finished article ready to step up to EPL level.

Edited by Buckets

Just now, Binos said:

But you don't have good enough players 

Just as Scotland don't,  when we pass up important chances 

If the players fundamentally weren’t good enough we wouldn’t be competitive at all, that’s not the case. We should be sitting on 6 points minimum just now which is down solely to us being poor in front of goal 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You had him sacked before last Xmas mate 

You’ve already suggested this. I was one of the few who said Celtic would win the league last season. Granted I also said it was down to the budget and not necessarily the coach.

As long as he is above Rangers the Celtic support does not care one bit how poor a coach he is in European competition. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's scandalous Celtic finished bottom of that group. Surely questions need to be asked.

It was a group that definitely looked qualifiable. RB Leipzig beaten by Rangers in the Europa league semi-final and Shakthar Donetsk have hardly played since the war started. So I agree. To have 2 points out of 5 matches, and out of even contention for the Europa League, is truly awful. However it's par for the course for Celtic in Europe. They are just sh1te. It's nearly 2 decades since they even won a 2 legged tie that was not a qualifier. Let that sink in. How is that even possible for one of Europe's best supported clubs. An absolute embarrassment. 

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ve already suggested this. I was one of the few who said Celtic would win the league last season. Granted I also said it was down to the budget and not necessarily the coach.

As long as he is above Rangers the Celtic support does not care one bit how poor a coach he is in European competition. 

Not entirely true however probably suits your narrative to believe so. 

Rangers though they had a good coach at European level however it doesn’t seem to be quite that simple 😉

The set pieces from us tonight and the crossed balls were an absolute joke. Too many slack passes too. Not good enough. 

I suppose it all depends on what your expectations are in Europe and mine are never high, unfortunately.

32 minutes ago, FredFlintsone said:

It was a group that definitely looked qualifiable. RB Leipzig beaten by Rangers in the Europa league semi-final and Shakthar Donetsk have hardly played since the war started. So I agree. To have 2 points out of 5 matches, and out of even contention for the Europa League, is truly awful. However it's par for the course for Celtic in Europe. They are just sh1te. It's nearly 2 decades since they even won a 2 legged tie that was not a qualifier. Let that sink in. How is that even possible for one of Europe's best supported clubs. An absolute embarrassment. 

RB Leipzig have just beaten the current European Champions and Rangers currently plum last on 0 points so probably not the best measure tbh

We can now analyse whether this endeavour has been good for Scottish Football, as is routinely promised.

And I think, with an away trip to the Santiago Bernabeu to come, we can safely say that as a bare minimum, it has been pretty fucking funny.

Oot.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We can now analyse whether this endeavour has been good for Scottish Football, as is routinely promised.

And I think, with an away trip to the Santiago Bernabeu to come, we can safely say that as a bare minimum, it has been pretty fucking funny.

Oot.

Or quite the opposite as Wee McGregor has promised to take revenge on Modric.