G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

7 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I just dont get it with Hatate and Kyogo...in the Champs League matches I have watched they are both so wasteful and often attacks break down with them....their crossing is murder too (which could also be said of O'Reilly) Forrest has added urgency to their attack though

I don’t think any Celtic player is good enough for this level.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

They're miles off it in the attacking third. So wasteful in possession. 

On the plus side for them, nobody is going to be beating down their door in order to sign any of their all conquering domestic heroes. 

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think the players are good enough to win a couple of matches. The manager though is clueless at this level. Just like Brendan Rogers. Sometimes you just have to protect what you have. No shame in that it's called game management. Big Ange doesn't understand the defensive side of football. It's an alien concept to him. He must see time and time again his side getting split wide open but he's too thick to do anything about it.

3 minutes ago, FredFlintsone said:

I doubt anyone expects Celtic to any other than rank rotten in Europe. No matter what competition they are in they are just hopeless.

Ultimately they are not good enough  for European football no matter what level they are playing at.

Their players aren’t good enough and their coach isn’t good enough.

They celebrated a 3-0 defeat vs Real Madrid like it was some sort of great performance - The only victory on the road in the group Real had was in Glasgow. The other teams got positive results against them.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ultimately they are not good enough  for European football no matter what level they are playing at.

They celebrated a 3-0 defeat vs Real Madrid like it was some sort of great performance - The only victory on the road in the group Real had was in Glasgow. The other teams got positive results against them.

Indeed. Postecoglou is an idiot.

My gran could do the same job as that fool.

And she died 10 years ago 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

But the those European Nights and the atmosphere??? 

That miss has to be the worst miss I have ever seen, was he trying to control it and tap it in? It looked harder to miss. 

Mudryk looks a player and took his goal brilliantly! 

Kyogo is a flat track bully, he has looked lost in European games and misses some amount of chances. 

12 minutes ago, FredFlintsone said:

I think the players are good enough to win a couple of matches. The manager though is clueless at this level. Just like Brendan Rogers. Sometimes you just have to protect what you have. No shame in that it's called game management. Big Ange doesn't understand the defensive side of football. It's an alien concept to him. He must see time and time again his side getting split wide open but he's too thick to do anything about it.

Brendan Rodgers got battered in the Champions League. Absolutely horsed by Barca and PSG.

This campaign is more frustrating than anything else. We paid the price for an inability to take chances at this level not because we couldn’t compete with RB or Shakthar. Tonight the boy scored an absolute worldie, sometimes you just have to sit back and applaud it.

Always next season though so will enjoy the diddy flexing for the next few hours 🤣

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Postecoglou is clueless

Signs a load of expensive players who can dominate Scottish football then thinks that he can compete against far superior players by playing them at their own game

He doesn’t know what he’s doing

GIRUY Ceptic 

Tbf if he was the God like coach that the Scottish media and Celtic fans make him out to be he wouldn’t be pushing 60 having coached his whole career in Australia, Japan and Scotland (and a short spell in the Greek 3rd Division).

He’d have been coaching a a high level long before now and he never got the call.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf if he was the God like coach that the Scottish media and Celtic fans make him out to be he wouldn’t be pushing 60 having coached his whole career in Australia, Japan and Scotland (and a short spell in the Greek 3rd Division).

He’d have been coaching a a high level long before now and he didn’t.

You had him sacked before last Xmas mate 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Brendan Rodgers got battered in the Champions League. Absolutely horsed by Barca and PSG.

This campaign is more frustrating than anything else. We paid the price for an inability to take chances at this level not because we couldn’t compete with RB or Shakthar.

Always next season though so will enjoy the diddy flexing for the next few hours 🤣

Taking chances defines the calibre of player