G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

1 hour ago, FredFlintsone said:

Remember a long long time ago when Celtic Park used to be a fortress.

Celtic are, and have been for as long as I can remember, completely out their depth in Europe. They are a last 32 side in the Europa league. Nothing more. That's their level. At best.

Not getting past Christmas in Europe this season.

Can we just do away with Europe already? god we were shit tonight and the amount of clear chances we are missing is becoming laughable now.
CCV/Jenz + Hart were execellent, thats about the only positives i can find tonight.
Finding it tough no winning v teams with bigger budgets? Shite eh

10 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

Can we just do away with Europe already? god we were shit tonight and the amount of clear chances we are missing is becoming laughable now.

CCV/Jenz + Hart were execellent, thats about the only positives i can find tonight.

If I could be serious for a moment - if I were a Celtic or The Franchise 2012 fan, I’d be happy just getting to the Champions League group stages. If, having got there, I saw my team lose all their games, I wouldn’t be bleating like a wee spoiled jessie about ‘doing away with Europe’ because the big boys are stealing all the sweeties from me. I can say this because I am not a fan of Celtic or the Ibrox 2012 AllStars, and as such, have some sense of realism, and am not a deluded fool with an ingrained sense of entitlement.

That’s me being serious by the way. Can I just get back to laughing at the salty ‘fcuk Europe anyway’ tears?

We werent good enough so far this season, it was always going to be a difficult step up. We tested ourselves and so far we havent been good enough, unless miracle happens we will have no european football after Christmas. It going to take another season for the players, the team to improve. Along with buying some better players in key positions and hopefully not losing any of the top players who we cant replace easily.

Also Ange needs to learn from it all, hes obviosuly lacking in experience at this level and some decisions this season can be questioned. In saying that though for the length of time hes been here hes still massively improved the club everywhere, I think the vast majority are still committed to and fully backing his vision and way of playing. It was always going to be a longer journey to get some sort of run in europe. We may still surprise this season and somehow qualify for europa but next season hopefully we can improve a lot on where we are. A tough lesson and reality check but thats the way football is and up to us now to get better.

Edited by BigDoddyKane

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If I could be serious for a moment - if I were a Celtic or The Franchise 2012 fan, I’d be happy just getting to the Champions League group stages. If, having got there, I saw my team lose all their games, I wouldn’t be bleating like a wee spoiled jessie about ‘doing away with Europe’ because the big boys are stealing all the sweeties from me. I can say this because I am not a fan of Celtic or the Ibrox 2012 AllStars, and as such, have some sense of realism, and am not a deluded fool with an ingrained sense of entitlement.

That’s me being serious by the way. Can I just get back to laughing at the salty ‘fcuk Europe anyway’ tears?

It's not just the CL though we're letting ourselves down though. We've been coming up short in Europa League and conference League aswell.

Its irritating how soft/easy beat we seem to be in Europe

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It would be interesting, for me anyway, to know what Celtic's record of home European matches is since the installation of their Europe wide famous disco lights. 

Well, the BBC's match report includes this stat:

• Celtic have lost each of their last seven home Champions League games, equalling the longest run of home defeats by a team in the competition, previously set by Monaco between May 2017 and December 2018 (7).

They are officially record-equalling losers.  Lovely stuff.