G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yet at that time they were in the semi-final of a European competition and finished top 4 in the Bundesliga. Seems like they've regressed since so it is just a bit amusing to see last night's result after being told how rubbish they are/were.

Yet the manager got sacked. Leipzig weren’t of stellar quality by Champions league standard  yesterday and certainly weren’t that either when your team played them.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yet the manager got sacked. Leipzig weren’t of stellar quality by Champions league standard  yesterday and certainly weren’t that either when your team played them.

Again, it's amusing. Surely you can see why.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Yet at that time they were in the semi-final of a European competition and finished top 4 in the Bundesliga. Seems like they've regressed since so it is just a bit amusing to see last night's result after being told how rubbish they are/were.

We were also told last seasons Rangers team were akin to the Lisbon Lions, fans sensationalise, you would think you would know that by now

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

We were also told last seasons Rangers team were akin to the Lisbon Lions, fans sensationalise, you would think you would know that by now

Yeah, weird comparison to make. They were much better than the Lisbon Lions.

I find it hard to believe that anyone told anyone that last seasons' Rangers were akin to the Lisbon Lions.  They both reached a European final but there the comparison very much ends. 

Both won the Scottish Cup. I think what some people were saying was if they won it was up there with 67, mostly talking about the level of the opposition and the number of rounds Rangers had to progress.

4 minutes ago, just me 2 said:

Both won the Scottish Cup. I think what some people were saying was if they won it was up there with 67, mostly talking about the level of the opposition and the number of rounds Rangers had to progress.

How many games did Celtic play to reach the final vs Rangers did ? I’m assuming it was quite a few less ? However, on the flip side how many players did Celtic use vs Rangers ? I’m also assuming it was quite a few less.

You can’t compare as it’s completely different era’s.

My view in the Lisbon Lions is fairly straightforward. They were the greatest club side Scotland has produced and their achievement was the greatest by a Scottish club.  However they are not the greatest club side the world has produced and their acheivment is not the greatest in world club history....so basically overrated by most Celtic fans and underrated by most fans of other Scottish clubs

I'm a massive Craig Gordon fan, but you only have to go back just over a week ago to find him booting the ball right against an Ireland player and nearly conceding a goal, and only have to go back to Saturday to have him flapping at a cross and being bailed out by an awful refereeing decision. Individual mistakes don't define a goalkeeper.

And you only have to look at this afternoon to see a howler even worse than Hart's in midweek.