G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

26 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Didn’t young Ben Doak not move to Liverpool last season? The year before we also lost Barry Hepburn and Liam Morrison to Bayern Munich. Josh Adam to Man City also……do I need to go on? Dembele, Moffat, Montgomery, Rudi Vatas lad Rocco 

We produce plenty of players keeping them is an altogether different matter so you are wrong on both principle and accuracy

I am

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

That isn't what happened. He did not "go down easily". He saw he had fucked it by coming for a ball he couldn't get (nothing new there) and intentionally threw himself over a Rangers player. It would not have won any other goalkeeper a free kick but Craig Gordon is given untouchable status by the mouthbreathers who rate him as a goalkeeper.

Regardless of allegiances, not rating Craig Gordon as, at the very least, a very good goalkeeper nullifies pretty much every point you try and make going forward.

You're impressing no one trying to pretend you think he's shite.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Regardless of allegiances, not rating Craig Gordon as, at the very least, a very good goalkeeper nullifies pretty much every point you try and make going forward.

You're impressing no one trying to pretend you think he's shite.

I am part of the Goalkeeper's Union and can criticise a member of the brotherhood all I want.

He makes some great saves, yes. He also neglects many basics of being a modern goalkeeper and is a rancid cheat to boot. 

He has already made two undeniable errors and let in numerous soft goals this season, which everybody overlooks on account of it being "Good Old Craig" the Scotland goalie.

Hearts' best goalkeeping performance this season came from Ross fucking Stewart ffs. :lol:

It was a poor performance, with some nice play at times but we haven't stepped up at all so far. It will all come down to the next 2 home games for this season. Pressure is on but good teams step up in these moments.  Id be happy with 7 points and 3rd place. Though im not that confident at the moment we will do it.

Yet another game we’re forced to rue poor finishing and individual errors.

Surely it’s time to give Siegrist and GG a run in the team again?

Even if we had both of our first choice centre halves and Hart didn’t forget what team he was playing for we’d most likely only managed a draw given how poor we are in front of goal right now.

Another poster got it right, we are punching seriously below our weight right now.

Edited by stressball
Typo

8 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I am part of the Goalkeeper's Union and can criticise a member of the brotherhood all I want.

He makes some great saves, yes. He also neglects many basics of being a modern goalkeeper and is a rancid cheat to boot. 

He has already made two undeniable errors and let in numerous soft goals this season, which everybody overlooks on account of it being "Good Old Craig" the Scotland goalie.

Hearts' best goalkeeping performance this season came from Ross fucking Stewart ffs. :lol:

And this opinion absolutely does not derive from the fact that you're a bitter hibs fan, nope.

As opportunities go to get points away from home in the champions league that was certainly a missed one but we deserved f**k all from the game at the same time.

I wasn’t sure how well our top two CB’s would do at this level but I think we all knew these 2 aren’t up to it yet. I know we equalised after he got injured but I thought the game was over as soon as Cal came off, really hope it’s not for too long but at same time if we’re slightest bit unsure he should be given the rest needed.

Harts pass was an absolute sickener after being let off by VAR, at the same time however there is a reason why he has ended up with us, still a fine goalkeeper however for our usual level but you just have to accept this will happen sometimes with the way we play.

14 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Gordon is fucking streets ahead of him. Craig never actually said Hart is better did he?

14 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He did. Well he said Hart was the best keeper in the league. 

I'm a massive Craig Gordon fan, but you only have to go back just over a week ago to find him booting the ball right against an Ireland player and nearly conceding a goal, and only have to go back to Saturday to have him flapping at a cross and being bailed out by an awful refereeing decision. Individual mistakes don't define a goalkeeper.

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

We weren’t the ones calling them a poor team…

Defensively they were, we just happened to be poorer last night so not quite the gotcha you think it is as the we are in the exact same position we were before the game started, win the 2 home games we go through however we need at least CCV back and hope McGregor can somehow recover

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Defensively they were, we just happened to be poorer last night

Have to agree with you. Leipzig had conceded 3+ goals in 3 of their 10 games before last night and they are 11th in the Bundesliga at the moment for a reason.

Celtic’s defensive and goalkeeping problems are well documented however for me one of your biggest issues is how profligate your strikers are. Kyogo in particular can get away with this in the league as inevitably you get more chances and win the games however that’s not the case in the CL and so far his lack of composure and being clinical in front of goal has really cost you.

37 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Defensively they were, we just happened to be poorer last night so not quite the gotcha you think it is as the we are in the exact same position we were before the game started, win the 2 home games we go through however we need at least CCV back and hope McGregor can somehow recover

I wasn't intending it as a gotcha moment in terms of your CL qualification. As I said when the draw was made, Celtic fans (and many others on here), were stating how poor a team they were just a few months ago so it's a wee bit amusing to see them beat you, that is all.

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

I wasn't intending it as a gotcha moment in terms of your CL qualification. As I said when the draw was made, Celtic fans (and many others on here), were stating how poor a team they were just a few months ago so it's a wee bit amusing to see them beat you, that is all.

They were poor by the expected standard at that level though and now that manager at the time has lost his job 

28 minutes ago, gannonball said:

They were poor by the expected standard at that level though and now that manager at the time has lost his job 

Yet at that time they were in the semi-final of a European competition and finished top 4 in the Bundesliga. Seems like they've regressed since so it is just a bit amusing to see last night's result after being told how rubbish they are/were.