G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Another busy night defending celtics honour for Jinky.

We still have a shred of it left to defend Benny unlike yourself and the rest of the bears on here who do seem to have walked away…..again.

Edited by Jinky67

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We still have a shred of it left to defend Benny unlike yourself and the rest of the bears on here who do seem to have walked away…..again.

Just go to sleep FFS. You got pumped. The **** got royally pumped and the rest of us are pishing our breeks (hopefully Shull too). Two pishy irrelevant clubs out of their league. f**k off.

9 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Just go to sleep FFS. You got pumped. The **** got royally pumped and the rest of us are pishing our breeks (hopefully Shull too). Two pishy irrelevant clubs out of their league. f**k off.

You seem a bit upset about a Celtic fan posting in a thread for Celtic fans to discuss Celtic in Europe. You may want to take your own advise and f**k off to bed 

Go Away GIF by Bounce

4 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

This Leipzig team have also beaten this Real team last week and aren’t the same as the one who beat Rangers hence why they changed the manager so if we use that logic does that mean Rangers are capable of beating Real? 🤔Shakthar results were disappointing we should have won both of those games, the Leipzig game at home also one where we squandered a lot of chances 

With Leipzig I just meant their Bundesliga performance. They're not as good this season as last. The Empirical evidence is clear. 

Rangers have been utterly appalling in the group stage. We've had injuries and poor form but the 7-1 just should not have happened. 

But Celtic have flattered to deceive. Sure they attack a lot but it's gotten them nothing. 

8 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

With Leipzig I just meant their Bundesliga performance. They're not as good this season as last. The Empirical evidence is clear. 

Rangers have been utterly appalling in the group stage.

Leipzig are in the exact same spot in the league now as they were last year, they sacked their manager that they had against Sevco and have replaced him with Marco Rose  and are doing much better now hence still getting 12 points from the group back up to 4th already in the league.

Edited by gannonball

The conundrum that confronts the Celtic board going forward is that they now have two managers. There's Ange Postegoclu - Big Ange, Inventor of 'Ange Ball', slayer of 'the 10', serial trophy winner, undisputed master of Scottish football - and then there's Ange Postegoclu - inflexible rabbit caught in the European headlights, unable or unwilling to change tactics against continental opposition, serial loser in Europe, the undisputed donkey of European football.  So which one do they stick with. ? It's a toughy alright. There is, as someone pointed out, a treble to be won, a feat that would reverberate around the football world and which Ange Postegoclu, with his trusty Angeball will surely deliver. However that means the doppleganger of disaster called Ange Postegoclu would also stick around to lead the 'bhoys' ever further into the European wilderness. Maybe the answer is to retain Angeball for domestic duties, but replace Ange Postegoclu for European competition with a personality more suited, more seasoned, more successful , in the specific demands of the European stage. 

Step forward Celtic's new 'European Nights' manager - Mr Neil Lennon !!!

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Leipzig are in the exact same spot in the league now as they were last year, they sacked their manager that they had against Sevco and have replaced him with Marco Rose again and are doing much better now hence still getting 12 points from the group back up to 4th already in the league.

I’m pretty sure they were 6th after the last round of fixtures but I could be wrong ? However in their next 3 games, they play 3 teams in the top 8 which will influence their current position very positively if they win them.

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m pretty sure they were 6th after the last round of fixtures but I could be wrong ? However in their next 3 games, they play 3 teams in the top 8 which will influence their current position very positively if they win them.

Ah right enough 3 points off 4th, regardless I think it’s fair to say they are a better team now and deservedly beat us but I never had them down as the sort of level of team the **** claimed them to be.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

The conundrum that confronts the Celtic board going forward is that they now have two managers. There's Ange Postegoclu - Big Ange, Inventor of 'Ange Ball', slayer of 'the 10', serial trophy winner, undisputed master of Scottish football - and then there's Ange Postegoclu - inflexible rabbit caught in the European headlights, unable or unwilling to change tactics against continental opposition, serial loser in Europe, the undisputed donkey of European football.  So which one do they stick with. ? It's a toughy alright. There is, as someone pointed out, a treble to be won, a feat that would reverberate around the football world and which Ange Postegoclu, with his trusty Angeball will surely deliver. However that means the doppleganger of disaster called Ange Postegoclu would also stick around to lead the 'bhoys' ever further into the European wilderness. Maybe the answer is to retain Angeball for domestic duties, but replace Ange Postegoclu for European competition with a personality more suited, more seasoned, more successful , in the specific demands of the European stage. 

I know you think you might be trolling or something but to go to this sort of trouble to type this long wielded  tripe constantly isn’t really normal behaviour. Perhaps take a step back.

31 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Ah right enough 3 points off 4th, regardless I think it’s fair to say they are a better team now and deservedly beat us but I never had them down as the sort of level of team the **** claimed them to be.

Yeah, totally agree mate. I was surprised as many Celtic fans seen Leipzig as being ‘minimum 4 points’ fixtures. Any chance you had went when they brought in a good manager and they deservedly pumped you 5-1 over the 2 legs.

They also matched Madrid over 2 games whereas you lost 8-1.

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

It took Neil Lennon 3 seasons to start getting it right in Europe so to post something like that without actually knowing that beforehand is why none of us take you for much more than a moonhowler.

Edited by Jinky67

32 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I know you think you might be trolling or something but to go to this sort of trouble to type this long wielded  tripe constantly isn’t really normal behaviour. Perhaps take a step back.

Why would I try to troll the terminally humourless that constitutes your average Old Firm supporter  ? I'm merely pointing out the blindingly obvious about the Celtic manager and, in a spirit of genuine concern, putting forward one, albeit radical, solution. If you lack the decency to accept my offer of help with the respect in which it was offered to you then I can but apologise. However, if you think Postegoclu can lead Celtic anywhere other then down the plughole of European irrelevancy then, parhaps, you should take a step back and learn a bit about football !!

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It took Neil Lennon 3 seasons to start getting it right in Europe so to post something like that without actually knowing that beforehand is why none of us take you for much more than a moonhowler.

It also took Neil Lennon 3 seasons to be knocked out of European Competitions 4 times. Something that Postecoglu (or Ange to you) has managed in 1.25 seasons.