G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Not the area we fell short, fancy a 2nd go?

Of course it was. You've a manager who seems incapable, over the course of two seasons, of adapting his team to European football. We all had a jolly good giggle at Van Bronkhorst but his European record while manager of Rangers is better than Postegoclu at Celtic.Ā 

10 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Of course it was. You've a manager who seems incapable, over the course of two seasons, of adapting his team to European football. We all had a jolly good giggle at Van Bronkhorst but his European record while manager of Rangers is better than Postegoclu at Celtic.Ā 

3rd time lucky?Ā 

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Please donā€™t call him Ange. You sound like you know him personally like @Jinky67 does.

You do seem to have quite the peculiar habit of when you have nothing really to say of just making shit up šŸ˜‚

Is this par for the course in Grangemouth? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You do seem to have quite the peculiar habit of when you have nothing really to say of just making shit up šŸ˜‚

Is this par for the course in Grangemouth? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

You call him by his first name which is normally a habit reserved for people you know. I assumed you knew him. Apologies if Iā€™m wrong.

Your second point is a bit of a sweeping generalisation tbh. Itā€™s like me asking you if everyone from Wishaw is unemployed.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You call him by his first name which is normally a habit reserved for people you know. I assumed you knew him. Apologies if Iā€™m wrong.

Your second point is a bit of a sweeping generalisation tbh. Itā€™s like me asking you if everyone from Wishaw is unemployed.

Apologies would be merited if we didnā€™t have the exact same discussion within the last week and yet you still somehow made an assumption that I knew him? šŸ˜‚ Kind of like how you kept mentioning how wee McGregor was going to get his revenge on Madrid yet you being shown the article which showed he said no such thing and you still kept going at it šŸ˜‚

You remembered I stayed in Wishaw so what is it? You just a try too hard wum? Just like to concoct nonsense or genuinely the thing I said you were being and you got a little sensitive too? Help me out a little

On 28/10/2022 at 20:14, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I donā€™t think Lennon was great in either of his first two seasons. In fact you are correct he is was poor. Postecoglu (or Ange as you seem to be on first name terms with him) has also been very, very poor in his first 2 seasons.
Ā 

Heā€™ll defo get a crack at the Champions League next season as he has zero competition and will win the league (Iā€™ll go all out here and say Celtic would win the league with *you or I as manager as the other teams are so bad).
Ā 

Fair enough, Iā€™m just a sensitive wee soul.

*feel free to correct to me or you as I appreciate I am stupid.Ā 

Ā 

On 28/10/2022 at 20:24, Jinky67 said:

So I wasnā€™t being overly critical after all, glad we cleared that up šŸ‘

And Ange is just faster and simpler to type than Postecoglou, simple logic and not in anyway a suggestion that we are on first name terms šŸ˜‰

Ā 

On 28/10/2022 at 20:32, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Well, you were in the way you were making out Postecogluā€™s record in Europe was better when it isnā€™t. But letā€™s agree to disagree as we wonā€™t get anywhere fast.

Grand, thatā€™ll be why you refer to Juranovic as ā€˜Juraā€™ too - I thought you maybe knew them.

Ā 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Apologies would be merited if we didnā€™t have the exact same discussion within the last week and yet you still somehow made an assumption that I knew him. Kind of like how you kept mentioning how wee McGregor was going to get his revenge on Madrid yet you being shown the article which showed he said no such thing and you still kept going at it šŸ˜‚

You remembered I stayed in Wishaw so what is it? You just a try too hard wum? Just like to concoct nonsense or genuinely the thing I said you were being and you got a little sensitive too? Help me out a little

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Wee McGregorā€™s revenge was overrated tbh.

I only remembered Wishaw as you said your sons supported Wishaw Juniors instead of Celtic as they were their local team which I gave you a ā€˜greenieā€™ for.

ps. I thought Wum was a place in Cameroon? Iā€™m maybe showing my age but I donā€™t get the reference at all - sorry.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Wee McGregorā€™s revenge was overrated tbh.

I only remembered Wishaw as you said your sons supported Wishaw Juniors instead of Celtic as they were their local team which I gave you a ā€˜greenieā€™ for.

ps. I thought Wum was a place in Cameroon? Iā€™m maybe showing my age but I donā€™t get the reference at all - sorry.

But you still remembered yet forget a conversation from 5 days ago?

Might want to get yourself to a GP buddy

14 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

If Celtic took all their chances and the opposition didnā€™t take their chances then Celtic would have more points.

Simple as.

Just the 1st part really. Our xG over the 6 games was 9.6 and we scored only 4 goals.Ā 

RB was 9.78 scoring 13 and Shakthar 5.16 scoring 8.Ā 
Ā 

I didn't think Celtic would get gubbed quite so badly, but what do I know?Ā  Ā Not much, obviously.

Scottish football in general seems to be in a parlous state.

The two cheeks have always been here but Scotland hasĀ  produced many superb players in the past,

not so much now.Ā 

Is it really just TV money that's made a difference?

Come to think on it, NI , Ireland and Wales also used to provide a strong contingent of players in the English top flight,

now they don't. ( Yes, I'm using the English top tier as a yardstick) Even the English don't provide the same amount of top players.

I don't know where I'm going with this,Ā  Ā starting to ramble.

Goodnight all.Ā  Ā šŸ„³

8 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Yer man Jota saying scoring a consolation goal in a 5-1 pumping was the best moment of his life.

Minter.

Your post reeks of trying a little too hard tbh. A young Latino guy who probably grew up dreaming of scoring a worldie at the Bernabeu scoring a worldie at the Bernabeu? Not really a stretch to imagine that it would be a moment for him

Ā 

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

A young Latino guy who probably grew up dreaming of scoring a worldie at the Bernabeu scoring a worldie at the Bernabeu? Not really a stretch to imagine that it would be a bit surreal for him.

Itā€™s a pretty diddy level.

I would get it if he scored a winner against Real Madrid but not a meaningless goal in a 5-1 hosing that Courtois probably should have kept out.

3 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Itā€™s a pretty diddy level.

I would get it if he scored a winner against Real Madrid but not a meaningless goal in a 5-1 hosing that Courtois probably should have kept out.

Scored many free kicks at the Bernabeu yourself?Ā 

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Your post reeks of trying a little too hard tbh. A young Latino guy who probably grew up dreaming of scoring a worldie at the Bernabeu scoring a worldie at the Bernabeu? Not really a stretch to imagine that it would be a moment for him

Ā 

Lets not get carried away. It was a good free kick, hardly a worldie

5 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Lets not get carried away. It was a good free kick, hardly a worldie

Point taken but from his perspective it probably is. Like I said it seems folks are trying a little too hard on this one to find something to point and laugh at it, there is no need Iā€™m sure there are a few more deserving moments over this campaign you can fill your boots with šŸ˜‰