G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

32 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Or quite the opposite as Wee McGregor has promised to take revenge on Modric.

I have seen you post this a few times as some sort of gotcha however Wee McGregor never actually said that

Edited by Jinky67

37 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I have seen you post this a few times as some sort of gotcha however Wee McGregor never actually said that

Well we’ll see in the not to distant future if Wee McGregor is true to his word or indeed all mouth and no action.

He might end up rueing the day he ever gave the press those headlines.

When you see the results of Celtic and rangers in the champions league you see why the big clubs want their own league.

Other than a jolly for the OF fans, they just provide meaningless group stage fixtures.

They need to trim the tournament down and make it only for proper gid teams to keep supporters and sponsors happy. 

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

If you tell a lie often enough….

what he actually said, 

“I’ve played in some pretty big ones but the one I haven’t played yet is Real Madrid.

"[Modric] ran the show that day as well [when Croatia beat Scotland] so I will try and get a bit closer to him!”.

some headlines eh. 

7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Well we’ll see in the not to distant future if Wee McGregor is true to his word or indeed all mouth and no action.

He might end up rueing the day he ever gave the press those headlines.

He can’t  be true to his word or rue something he didn’t actually say ffs. I suggest you go and read the article instead of doubling down and making yourself look even more silly, I mean we are talking basic literacy here 

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

If the players fundamentally weren’t good enough we wouldn’t be competitive at all, that’s not the case. We should be sitting on 6 points minimum just now which is down solely to us being poor in front of goal 

Celtic ' being poor in front of goal' is a direct result of the fact that 'the players fundamentally weren't good enough' for the Champions League. And, as the table tells us, Celtic were NOT competitive at all.. Liz Truss levels of denial , mate ! 

3 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Celtic ' being poor in front of goal' is a direct result of the fact that 'the players fundamentally weren't good enough' for the Champions League. And, as the table tells us, Celtic were NOT competitive at all.. Liz Truss levels of denial , mate ! 

What does it matter what competition it is, we created the chances and couldn’t finish them, nothing to do with the quality of opposition defenders, keepers or the name of the comp, we were poor in front of goal, some times they chances go for you, like United away or the recent hibs, Motherwell and hearts games, and sometimes they don’t.  Unfortunately for us the poor finishing came in the CL. 

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He can’t  be true to his word or rue something he didn’t actually say ffs. I suggest you go and read the article instead of doubling down and making yourself look even more silly, I mean we are talking basic literacy here 

On the contrary I expect him to go out and give a masterclass next week and show Modric, Kroos et al that Wee McGregor is the real deal/main man or at least as DB suggested ‘get a bit closer to Modric’.

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

On the contrary I expect him to go out and give a masterclass next week and show Modric, Kroos et al that Wee McGregor is the real deal/main man or at least as DB suggested ‘get a bit closer to Modric’.

just making the hole deeper mate. 

8 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Always mighty fucking pleasing to witness Celtic and their support have to come to terms with their minuscule standing in European football for another season.

Exactly this. They enter the competition as sides in Pot4 and finish bottom of a 4 team group, therefore clearly the performances align with their hierarchy position within that structure. While its nice to exceed expectations there is no guarantee and for every success there is a failure or in this case delivering at expected levels. 

Too much in the media and fans thinking they are worth more just because they are big fish in small ponds building up the expectations in the minds of those who are easily influenced. Other than Brugge and Marseille, all the remaining Pot 4 teams are also rooted to the base of their respective groups.

Lessons in realistic expectations seem to be harder for fans of some clubs than others.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

What does it matter what competition it is, we created the chances and couldn’t finish them, nothing to do with the quality of opposition defenders, keepers or the name of the comp, we were poor in front of goal, some times they chances go for you, like United away or the recent hibs, Motherwell and hearts games, and sometimes they don’t.  Unfortunately for us the poor finishing came in the CL. 

Aye, whatever.  The fact that the opposition are generally of a higher standard means less time for strikers to convert, obviously. As the Celtic forwards are not Champions League standard they invariably fail to convert chances they routinely score in the domestic game. TBF, It may be a mental thing but as Postegoclu is not a Champions League standard coach/manager he is unable to do anything about it.  Can't be helped. Nobody's fault. It's just the way things are and always will be; for as long as Glasgow Celtic play in Scottish football they will be unable to attract the players or coach of the standard required.

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

When you see the results of Celtic and rangers in the champions league you see why the big clubs want their own league.

Other than a jolly for the OF fans, they just provide meaningless group stage fixtures.

They need to trim the tournament down and make it only for proper gid teams to keep supporters and sponsors happy. 

So you’d back a closed shop super league? 

Very strange