G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Deluded secterian in 'I know nothing about football' shocker !!

Eh? So you’re accusing me of being sectarian for having an opinion on a game of football? Wind your neck in.

Expected to eat humble pie, even though I’m right, had we taken our chances we’d have had a chance.

You pathetic boring little man.

20 minutes ago, stressball said:

Eh? So you’re accusing me of being sectarian for having an opinion on a game of football? Wind your neck in.

Expected to eat humble pie, even though I’m right, had we taken our chances we’d have had a chance.

You pathetic boring little man.

No, I'm accusing you of being a secterian for supporting a secterian football club not for having an opinion on a game of football. 

21 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Maeda was poor in every game in europe, hes not good enough for europe imo. He may change it around but I think its unlikely. He seemed to miss a good chance every game. A few times last night he just bounced off the Germans when trying to tackle them.

Seems Maeda is the scapegoat for Celtic fans at the moment. He’s getting pelters. It just shows how fickle fans are. He was loved when he spent 90 mins running about like a blue arsed fly closing down Tavernier.

Anybody that’s watched the guy play could see he was technically inadequate for the Champions League - I’m not sure why Celtic fans are suddenly surprised tbh.

34 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Seems Maeda is the scapegoat for Celtic fans at the moment. He’s getting pelters. It just shows how fickle fans are. He was loved when he spent 90 mins running about like a blue arsed fly closing down Tavernier.

Anybody that’s watched the guy play could see he was technically inadequate for the Champions League - I’m not sure why Celtic fans are suddenly surprised tbh.

I think Maeda was mixed in terms of what fans thought but dont all football fans live in hope to some extent until otherwise proved wrong. Theres always a tendency at the start to see the good things and overlook the not so good

Edited by BigDoddyKane

1 minute ago, BigDoddyKane said:

we are football fans , dont all football fans live in hope to some extent until otherwise proved wrong

Some more than other BDK. I think a lot of Celtic fans got carried when Wee McGregor was giving it large about playing Madrid and getting revenge on Modric etc. Never quite worked out like that.

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Well, the BBC's match report includes this stat:

• Celtic have lost each of their last seven home Champions League games, equalling the longest run of home defeats by a team in the competition, previously set by Monaco between May 2017 and December 2018 (7).

They are officially record-equalling losers.  Lovely stuff.

But but Parkheid is a fortress!!

40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Just 1 and the beat Real Madrid away. All still the realms of possibility 

Disclaimer - please take the above as a joke, I’m not being entirely serious 

Nah you’re a sectarian bigot who knows nothing about football and a job at sportscene awaits!

10 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

His confidence is rock bottom. After that ballooned cross last night the head was down. Hoping the manager can inspire some confidence in him as he’s clearly a very useful player in certain situations.

With regards to our performances in the competition, it’s disappointing. I think we’ve played reasonably well, but you need to take your chances at this level. Some of the chances we’ve missed have been unforgivable and I knew we were in trouble after dominating Shakhtar and failing to win.

I also think fitness is still a big issue. Leipzig in particular have looked far fitter and more athletic in the last couple of games.