G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

These guys all have media companies running their social media. 

I highly doubt it.

I was walking along London Road last night when the Madrid team bus pulled up. When I reached it, Luka Modric had just stepped out and into my path and we did that awkward crab-dance looking thing when neither of you know which side to walk on before letting out a little laugh and moving on. Just as this happened, I said "Luka, while I've got you - do you have any words of advice for me becoming a footballer? I'm nearly thirty and beginning to think I might have to take another career path". He looked me - and this is no word of a lie here - dead in the eye, leant forward and whispered in my ear "giving up is not an option".

Edited by RawB93

6 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Do they write them a post match script also or do some mission impossible style tomfoolery?

I gave a serious answer to the question, jinky. No need to be defensive. 

I mean, the opposition saying the game went exactly how they planned and that they really enjoyed themselves is what you’re after, so who am I to take that away from you?

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I gave a serious answer to the question, jinky. No need to be defensive. 

I mean, the opposition saying the game went exactly how they planned and that they really enjoyed themselves is what you’re after, so who am I to take that away from you?

Exactly as planned? You think it was part of the plan to concede some of the chances they did or that it should take up to 60 minutes to get on top?

I’m not convined

40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Exactly as planned? You think it was part of the plan to concede some of the chances they did or that it should take up to 60 minutes to get on top?

I’m not convined

Just quoting Toni kroos jinky, doesn’t matter what I think. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just quoting Toni kroos jinky, doesn’t matter what I think. 

Kroos mentions having to survive the early parts of the game. I can’t quite visualise that being a part of the Ancelotti team talk or did they think for a minute they would have to try survive anything tbh.

Either way if we can play like we did in the first half against RB and Shakhtar we have a fighting chance. 

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Kroos mentions having to survive the early parts of the game. I can’t quite visualise that being a part of the Ancelotti team talk or did they think for a minute they would have to try survive anything tbh.

Either way if we can play like we did in the first half against RB and Shakhtar we have a fighting chance. 

I’m just quoting him jinky. 

“That’s what we expected, we were prepared to suffer for the opening period, they would find it difficult to play with that intensity for 90 minutes. After 25 minutes we were in control”

On 07/09/2022 at 17:01, Wile E Coyote said:

Surely Gonzo from The Muppets after a stroke

What's the chance of them having a big Tifo of the Queen for the game on Wed?

They should do it just for the shock it would cause. Also getting it in first before Sevco do it at a later KO would really piss them off.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Celtic,...0, Real Madrid,.....3 half and half commemorative CL scudding scarves still available at the Argyle Street Celtic shop.   Wonder what Jock Stein would think of that. Something along the lines of "football without supine cash cows is nothing" , parhaps ?

bored jack nicholson GIF

There will be no minute's silence ahead of Celtic's Champions League encounter with Shakhtar Donetsk in Poland.
The position was confirmed by UEFA following a routine pre-match meeting between the two clubs and the governing body on Wednesday. 

The Ukrainian club have been granted permission to display anti-war messages on screens at Legia Warsaw's stadium ahead of the game. 

Shakhtar have been displaced from their home stadium since 2014 because of conflict in eastern Ukraine.

A minute's silence will take place at Ibrox when Rangers host Napoli later.
However, UEFA have rejected requests from Rangers, Chelsea and Manchester City to play the national anthem before their Champions League matches.
A Uefa statement said: “There will be no anthems played — this also includes the Uefa Champions League anthem — on the basis of maintaining a consistent pre-match ceremony with a subdued atmosphere and without any celebratory activities across all UK venues to show respect as we did last Thursday.”