G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

Just now, Clown Job said:

It can be funny seeing how much it annoys people on here when they hear a visiting fan or player enjoyed coming to Parkhead.

“Well actually let me tell you why you’re wrong on enjoying that experience”

image.gif.bb4eed30ff6e245ed3823ee58be60e51.gif

You do know Luka Modric didn't send that tweet.... Don't you? 

Parhaps they've no interest during hard times to spend money to watch what for their team would be little more than a glorified training session .

No, it’s absolutely nothing to do with that - it’s because Real fans are shit.

And maybe they don't buy into this 'iconic stadium' hype that Scottish football journalists foist onto Celtic in lieu of having a competitive football team ?

The idea that Parkhead is an ‘iconic’ stadium to anyone outside the UK and Ireland is mad.

Absolute rubbish.

Whether you loath or love Celtic (I am very much the former) there is no denying that Celtic Park is an iconic stadium of European football. Big European nights at Celtic Park are well known across Europe for their great atmospheres and any true football supporter knows this. To say otherwise suggests you are simply blinded by hate.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes its a nothing game for Real Madrid in terms of prestige, there would be little incentive to go there for a group match. The idea that Celtic park is iconic outside of the uk is laughable.

Real are also renowned for having a dreadful away support. Generally when they play their biggest match of the season at Barca they only take a handful.

The how many fans or how loud you sung chat is good though.

This might be a deviant opinion, but I do not go to football matches to sing and make a lot of noise because:

1. I am at a football match,I am not a contestant on the X Factor.

2. I am not a child.

Taking some sort of victory from the fact your supporters made a load of noise is an absolute fucking minter.

Most of the chat you hear from players is about how they want to test themselves against the best players...and on last nights showing the only 2 players who definitely failed the test were Abada and Maeda.

Really good efforts from Taylor, Hatate, Juranovic and McGregor followed by Jota.  I think the fact that Celtic competed so well in the first half is a reason to be cheerful for Celtic fans 😇

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

This might be a deviant opinion, but I do not go to football matches to sing and make a lot of noise because:

1. I am at a football match,I am not a contestant on the X Factor.

2. I am not a child.

Taking some sort of victory from the fact your supporters made a load of noise is an absolute fucking minter.

Who is doing this exactly? 

46 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

No, it’s absolutely nothing to do with that - it’s because Real fans are shit.

Absolute rubbish.

Whether you loath or love Celtic (I am very much the former) there is no denying that Celtic Park is an iconic stadium of European football. Big European nights at Celtic Park are well known across Europe for their great atmospheres and any true football supporter knows this. To say otherwise suggests you are simply blinded by hate.

There is every denying. It's your opinion but not a universal one by any means but if lying on your belly asking the big boys to tickle you and tell you how wonderful you are makes life easier then that's just grand.  

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Already seen this argument being made and I don’t think it matters. Biggest club in the world, European champions, visiting an iconic stadium they’ve never been to before in Glasgow (not exactly the ends of the earth) and they’ve taken less away fans than most SPFL club supporters would take. It’s embarrassing. As someone alluded to earlier, Real Madrid are indeed an insufferable club supported by total gimps. I really don’t like them.

I don’t travel to Celtic park from Glasgow due to restricted view/ rip off prices/ heavy handed stewarding so can’t possibly expect the Real faithful to cough up their well earned Euros to suffer the same.  

2 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

You do realise that when you read these articles, the actual quotes from the player involved usually bares no resemblance to the sensational headline.

It has always been thus.

See the source image