G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No no, Carlo Ancelotti, one of the finest football managers theres ever been, was completely caught off guard by how good Celtic were, and had to use every bit of his superpowers at half time otherwise they would have been thrashed. 

Theres no way the Champions League holders set up to absorb, then attack. 

But, but, but Ange-ball !!

9 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I agree completely. But this myth that we constantly moan about it is just that. A myth. Broony once blamed eveyond else in an interview but he was a fucking heid case.

I don’t expect us to do well in Europe at any level. Sad but true.

Not another shower of defeatist diddies !!  Never stop, I tell you, Never Stoppppppp !!!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

I think it's to identify you as belonging to a subset of morons, or something........

Well it certainly works.

That and a lap of honour when you draw/get pumped off teams after a "plucky" performance. 

Going to away games isn’t really a thing in Spain tbh.

Already seen this argument being made and I don’t think it matters. Biggest club in the world, European champions, visiting an iconic stadium they’ve never been to before in Glasgow (not exactly the ends of the earth) and they’ve taken less away fans than most SPFL club supporters would take. It’s embarrassing. As someone alluded to earlier, Real Madrid are indeed an insufferable club supported by total gimps. I really don’t like them.

55 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Well it certainly works.

That and a lap of honour when you draw/get pumped off teams after a "plucky" performance. 

From Wee McGregor going public saying he wanted Madrid in the draw, to stating he wanted revenge vs Modric, to Juranovic and O’Riley taking on pitch selfies before the game and ending up with the lap of honour after a 3-0 defeat, the majority of Celtic players (Possibly Jota aside) knew this was the pinnacle of their career.

As has been alluded to before, travelling away supports for whatever reason aren't really a thing in Spain, seen someone saying on Twitter last night that the couple of hundred Madrid fans were mainly UK based supporters, clearly the equivalent of the English tourist league fans who attend one game a season and tie it in with a stadium tour etc.

I can't remember who but I vaguely recall someone on SKY explain that it due to the vast size of Spain and distances required for away supports, other than maybe the island clubs of Real Mallorca and Tenerife etc I don't really buy that, France, Germany and Italy for example are of similar size and have clubs all over the terrain of their landscape and you see healthy away supports at most of the matches you see on television there, particularly in the Bundesliga, unsure of the specific reasons for it but, just my opinion there isn't quite the same passion and fervour in some La Liga matches and in general, possibly due to the lack of away fans etc than from the other main European leagues. 

Edited by Flybhoy

39 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Already seen this argument being made and I don’t think it matters. Biggest club in the world, European champions, visiting an iconic stadium they’ve never been to before in Glasgow (not exactly the ends of the earth) and they’ve taken less away fans than most SPFL club supporters would take. It’s embarrassing. As someone alluded to earlier, Real Madrid are indeed an insufferable club supported by total gimps. I really don’t like them.

Parhaps they've no interest during hard times to spend money to watch what for their team would be little more than a glorified training session .  And maybe they don't buy into this 'iconic stadium' hype that Scottish football journalists foist onto Celtic in lieu of having a competitive football team ? You do know that Radio Clyde Superscoreboard doesn't have a lot of influence in Madrid ? 

Edited by kennie makevin

I dont like Real Madrid either, but as been mentioned Spanish fans don't do away games, and in what way is Celtic Park "iconic" to a Real fan from Madrid that they just have to visit ?

I dont like Real Madrid either, but as been mentioned Spanish fans don't do away games, and in what way is Celtic Park "iconic" to a Real fan from Madrid that they just have to visit ?
Those Iconic restricted view seat have to be (partially) seen at least once.

I live about 24 minutes away and I've never been to Parkhead, specifically because it's a dump, swarmed by horrible b*****ds on a match day.
I for one won't be judging the fans if a club from Madrid for not making the trip.

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

While Celtic were plucky loosers, In the cold light of day that was a pumping. 

Clearly old firm B teams in the lowland league is not working. Both arse cheek colts to enter the Championship immediately.

Some are painting this as a plucky defeat but in reality Real Madrid won 3-0 without needing to get out of 2nd gear.

16 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Parhaps they've no interest during hard times to spend money to watch what for their team would be little more than a glorified training session .  And maybe they don't buy into this 'iconic stadium' hype that Scottish football journalists foist onto Celtic in lieu of having a competitive football team ? You do know that Radio Clyde Superscoreboard doesn't have a lot of influence in Madrid ? 

So despite being told the reason why, you still dream up this ramble of shite and allude to others being deluded, unreal.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

From Wee McGregor going public saying he wanted Madrid in the draw. 

Hardly saying he wants Madrid, he was asked how he would feel if we came out the draw together, he answered “If we get Real, then great. That would be a nice one to tick off the list, but I’m sure whoever we get will be top opponents.“