G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

An eye-watering gap in budgets, aye? They can sign players you could only dream of signing, aye? An imbalance of finances ruining football, aye? Something needs to be done about it, aye?

Know what mate here is an interesting fact for you and Aberdeen every other club in the spfl outside hearts hibs and Aberdeen and outside Aberdeen average about between 3-5k in crowds ……. Aberdeen and hibs average 15-18 k through the gate

Now say on average it’s 30 quid a ticket most sides outside historic six are pulling in 2.4 million on season ticket/ gate receipts whilst Aberdeen and hibs are averaging 8.4 million over season yet play complete horse shit against the sides that’s have a third- to fourth of their budget maybe if Aberdeen and hibs actually performed like they should against so called smaller teams league would be tighter at the top

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Getting pumped by a team far better than yours is absolutely fine and barring the odd anomaly, fully expected.

Let's not mention home and away defeats to the Arctic Circle's finest eh? Celtic are just pretty rotten in Europe full stop no matter who they play against. If it's not modest Scandinavian sides with far smaller budgets, it's the likes of Real Madrid. They just mostly lose and it's been that way for nearly 20 years now. Celtic Park used to be a formidable European fortress. Not any more.

10 minutes ago, FredFlintsone said:

Let's not mention home and away defeats to the Arctic Circle's finest eh? Celtic are just pretty rotten in Europe full stop no matter who they play against. If it's not modest Scandinavian sides with far smaller budgets, it's the likes of Real Madrid. They just mostly lose and it's been that way for nearly 20 years now. Celtic Park used to be a formidable European fortress. Not any more.

I agree completely. But this myth that we constantly moan about it is just that. A myth. Broony once blamed eveyond else in an interview but he was a fucking heid case.

I don’t expect us to do well in Europe at any level. Sad but true.

48 minutes ago, Boaby Fisher said:

Liverpool played Real off the park in the last final. Nine times out of ten Real would have been pumped in that game. Man City are the best club side in the world. Looks about right to me. PSG's odds should be longer.

No they very well did not.

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sellick getting pumped by a team with a hugely beneficial financial advantage..

Now you know what it feels like, get it up ye!

We’ve known what it feels like for about 40 years ffs :lol: 

I’m not too disheartened by last night. First 45 we were very decent I thought, plenty to learn from in second for many who aren’t used to that level. Said I would be content with 3rd place and reaffirmed my feelings last night even more so after Shaktar beating Leipzig away. 

On the game, was textbook Scottish team playing superior continental side stuff. 

Start quickly, get in their faces, series of corners, one or two half chances until the superior side get their foot on the ball, kill the intensity, dampen the atmosphere until they’re in total control. At which point, they just pick you off. 

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

On the game, was textbook Scottish team playing superior continental side stuff. 

Start quickly, get in their faces, series of corners, one or two half chances until the superior side get their foot on the ball, kill the intensity, dampen the atmosphere until they’re in total control. At which point, they just pick you off. 

No no, Carlo Ancelotti, one of the finest football managers theres ever been, was completely caught off guard by how good Celtic were, and had to use every bit of his superpowers at half time otherwise they would have been thrashed. 

Theres no way the Champions League holders set up to absorb, then attack.