G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

We are still in Europe beyond Christmas and won 3 of our group matches for a squad that was put together only 4 months ago. 

By this time last season we were out of Europe completely, out of the League Cup and all but out of the league.

If anything the signs are quite positive 

Very positive spin on it tbf - I’ll give you that one.

12 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That’s hardly going to be the case at the end of the season is it?

I wouldn’t be surprised, we have our best centre back to come back in Julien, our best left back has been out half the season and our best right back has barely played a game there. Also its likely we will sign a midfield enforcer type in January to protect the back line further in certain games.

14 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Can you give me some examples of Celtic moaning and moaning about other Scottish team? And I don’t mean random people on Twitter 

So should we play our reserves in the league instead?

The game is a dead rubber, and honestly it sounds like you’re complaining for the sake of complaining 

Edit: It kinda reminds me of the people who moan about our fans celebrating a win too much. 

Your former chief executive used to complain about it a lot tbh.

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

I wouldn’t be surprised, we have our best centre back to come back in Julien, our best left back has been out half the season and our best right back has barely played a game there. Also its likely we will sign a midfield enforcer type in January to protect the back line further in certain games.

What will Callum McGregor do ?

2 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

What will Callum McGregor do ?

McGregor is probably the best player for all 3 types of position we have in midfield. However we do need a bit more muscle at times in midfield imo. He has also played a ridiculous amount of games which needs to addressed, easier said than done though as he is so vital.

Probably one of the trickier ties you could've got. I know they've gained a lot of admirers over the last couple of seasons. I think AC Milan actually poached one of their players after facing them and they spanked Roma 6-1 earlier in the competition so seem to have a bit of quality about them.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Probably one of the trickier ties you could've got. I know they've gained a lot of admirers over the last couple of seasons. I think AC Milan actually poached one of their players after facing them and they spanked Roma 6-1 earlier in the competition so seem to have a bit of quality about them.

True, don’t think it was Roma’s 1st XI, plus they’ll be 2 months into their winter break as their season has just ended and a few of their top players look likely to be moving on. Still be a tough one. 

I’m quite in tune with Norweigan football and watch a lot of Glimt.

They’ve already beaten Roma this season, although they did play against their second XI. That said, they did get a draw in Rome against a far stronger Roma, hence 4/6 points from them is very credible.

They have a very similar style to Celtic. Very direct, quick on the wings and they play their full backs very very high. Their best player, Patrick Berg (pretty sure he’s been linked with Celtic previously), is a future star but he may have been poached by the time this game comes around. They also lost their left back, Fredrik Bjorkan, to Hertha Berlin recently on a free who was one of their biggest attacking threats on the overlap. Their front 3 is lethal, Solbakken on the right is absolutely rapid, Pellegrino is a lanky, but quick winger who likes cutting inside, and Erik Botheim is a target man who is as strong as an ox.

Hopefully this gives some of you some info on a team you’ve probably only heard of in the last few years. All this being said, I think Celtic are a better side and if they can avoid defeat at Aspymra, I’d fully expect them to go through. Guaranteed to be goals though.

On 13/12/2021 at 17:09, Matty-RCFC said:

Patrick Berg (pretty sure he’s been linked with Celtic previously), is a future star but he may have been poached by the time this game comes around. They also lost their left back, Fredrik Bjorkan, to Hertha Berlin recently on a free who was one of their biggest attacking threats on the overlap.

Berg looks set to join Lens and obviously Bjørkan is already away to Hertha. I think someone like Solbakken could definitely end up joining a club like this too. Knutsen looks set to sign a new deal and he dealt with the departures the likes of Junker and Hauge well, but it does make me a lot more confident that we’ll be facing Bodø after a long break and losing some of their key players. Got to remember we will also considerably strengthen in January too with Maeda, Hatate and Ideguchi looking likely, and others on the way

Think it’ll be a really high-scoring game but we’ll win in the end

• 1 month later...