G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Consider where we had been 3 month ago, you’d need to be really disingenuous to argue we shouldn’t be happy with the obvious improvement 

Agree

I thought we were very good though in the last 10 minutes the depth of squad told A decent striker coming on as a sub would have made a difference. . Other players who came on after more games for us this season under belt would have played better.

Mcgregor was a bit tired I thought too ideally in future we can rest players more when needed.

Disapointing to lose but I really enjoyed that game even when losing the improvement since July has been massive. We just need to continue as we are and keep improving the 1st team and squad in the coming windows.

We were holding our own and closing them down  and hunting for the ball during those 80 mins, then got a bit too defensive. A big learning game last night.

Its not just the performance though its the way we play, thats football at its purest.

Every month we are getting better.

Edited by BigDoddyKane

I wasn't impressed by the boy up front, lightweight and didn't offer enough of an outball at this level. Still, won a penalty and kept the Bayer defenders on their toes. 

Decent atmosphere in the ground last night too, for it being 1/3 empty. 

On 25/11/2021 at 19:36, Jinky67 said:

Johnston, Ajeti and Abada have done the square root of f**k all since coming on. If we are ever to de better in Europe we need better options coming off the bench

Out of the 3 Abada didn't get into the game Johnston was unlucky a few times plus Ajeti did ok.
Forrest had ran his race Jota was also struggling to cover and Kyogo was spent.

On 25/11/2021 at 19:37, Clown Job said:

The subs really fucked us, even Bitton going off 

This was were the problem was in the last 20minutes, McCathy wasn't up to the pace of the game Leverkusen's Andrich And Diaby had too much quality for Celtic.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Out of the 3 Abada didn't get into the game Johnston was unlucky a few times plus Ajeti did ok.
Forrest had ran his race Jota was also struggling to cover and Kyogo was spent.

This was were the problem was in the last 20minutes, McCathy wasn't up to the pace of the game Leverkusen's Andrich And Diaby had too much quality for Celtic.

Thought the Manager should have kept the same shape after going 2 1. No doubt you guys have improved and with Sevco going to the knockouts can only help you in the league. Just an observation

4 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

Thought the Manager should have kept the same shape after going 2 1. No doubt you guys have improved and with Sevco going to the knockouts can only help you in the league. Just an observation

We drop into the 3rd competition but it was a good test for Celtic to see where we are going forward.
We gave them a match but you could see we were just that little bit short
Leverkusen moved the ball quicker with one and two touches plus they knew were the next pass was going, movement and running off each other,For me Celtic are still 3 or 4 players short to win a game like that plus I still think the players are still learning each others games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2021 at 10:59, craigkillie said:

Celtic win titles all the time, the Conference League is a semi-decent chance to win a European trophy.

Don’t think we will come close to winning it, but I do think the tournament is a welcome addition to European football