G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Considering the absolute pumping they gave us at Parkhead we gave them a decent game.

Gave a better account of ourselves than we did last season that’s for sure

Leverkusen played at 50% and could/should have scored 7.

If you’re happy with that then fair play to you.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Consider where we had been 3 month ago, you’d need to be really disingenuous to argue we shouldn’t be happy with the obvious improvement 

Celtic were completely outplayed tonight. Scored a decent breakaway goal, right enough. 

As has been pointed out numerous times over a consistent period by myself : Mikey Johnson is absolutely nowhere near the level required at Celtic. Even at Premiership level. 

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Consider where we had been 3 month ago, you’d need to be really disingenuous to argue we shouldn’t be happy with the obvious improvement 

Celtic haven’t improved defensively one bit.

They continue to play aggressive football which can work wonders against absolute shite in Scotland and the muck of Europe like Ferencvaros but will get you ripped to shreds by decent teams.

I’m not complaining because it’s fun to watch as a neutral but just ignoring the defence like Ange is doing will never work in Europe.

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Celtic haven’t improved defensively one bit.

They continue to play aggressive football which can work wonders against absolute shite in Scotland and the muck of Europe like Ferencvaros but will get you ripped to shreds by decent teams.

I’m not complaining because it’s fun to watch as a neutral but just ignoring the defence like Ange is doing will never work in Europe.

He’s not ignoring the defence, it’s completely different from last seasons and even what we started this season with

We still have big CJ to come back and we still need a natural left back.

We are a work in progress, still in the early stages of a rebuild and with that in mind have to play to our strengths which is going forward.

That Leverkusen team are a good outfit and we have given a better account of ourselves this season in this competition than we did last year 

Edited by Jinky67

26 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

we have given a better account of ourselves this season in this competition than we did last year 

Your group was considerably harder last season though. It could be argued you're doing just as badly due to the opposition and picking up only two more points. 

46 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I don't get the praise that's being showered on the new manager. 

They're unbelievably naive and rather than do anything to fix it, he just basically says "it is what it is" and blunders on hopelessly. 

The most goals conceded of any team in the Europa league is an absolute embarrassment. 

Celtic quite honestly were just beaten by a better team. Plucky, but beaten by two well worked goals coming from a center area outside the box, whwre a lot of German teams try to.

The queues for beer inside for a disgrace, never see that shit at Köln.

56 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't get the praise that's being showered on the new manager. 

They're unbelievably naive and rather than do anything to fix it, he just basically says "it is what it is" and blunders on hopelessly. 

The most goals conceded of any team in the Europa league is an absolute embarrassment. 

I really enjoy watching Celtic tbf but it’s highly unlikely those tactics can or will have any long term success.