G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Can't say I'm enjoying Turnbull in this side tbh. If Postecoglou comes good then I'd be surprised if Turnbull is a part of it. 

Playing Turnbull behind a front 3 is asking for trouble.

Fine if you are going to be in controlled possession but the problem for Celtic is they keep losing the ball in stupid areas. And obviously against Leverkeusen they were never going to have all the ball. But the same shit was happening against Dundee united. They lost the ball in bad areas and suddenly Utd were getting more players forward and able to retain possession high up the park.

Rogic is just too lazy to be the guy to play alongside Turnbull. i think for games like this it is one or the other. the problem for Celtic is that the midfielders who would replace either of them (Soro, McCarthy) are complete garbage.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Playing Turnbull behind a front 3 is asking for trouble.

Fine if you are going to be in controlled possession but the problem for Celtic is they keep losing the ball in stupid areas. And obviously against Leverkeusen they were never going to have all the ball. But the same shit was happening against Dundee united. They lost the ball in bad areas and suddenly Utd were getting more players forward and able to retain possession high up the park.

Rogic is just too lazy to be the guy to play alongside Turnbull. i think for games like this it is one or the other. the problem for Celtic is that the midfielders who would replace either of them (Soro, McCarthy) are complete garbage.

I think the inverted full-backs might be to try and provide some protection from counter-attacks as Rogic and Turnbull won't, but it's clearly not panning out like that. This squad is all over the place but they've brought in a hell of a lot of players to end up in a mess again. 

6 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Absolutely loving the old firm getting found out in Europe. Again! They love to inflate their importance/standing in Europe, fuelled by the Scottish main stream media, and conveniently forget nights like tonight but the rest of us don’t. 

It’s a great week when Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea, Rangers and Celtic all get pumped in Europe.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

It’s a great week when Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea, Rangers and Celtic all get pumped in Europe.

Which is why I find UEFA utterly corrupt when it comeS to seeding pretty much every stage of every competition. Ensure the small sides with less TV revenue are papped out early. Arseholes.

Just now, welldaft said:

Which is why I find UEFA utterly corrupt when it comeS to seeding pretty much every stage of every competition. Ensure the small sides with less TV revenue are papped out early. Arseholes.

Agreed. I’ve actually enjoyed watching some of the smaller teams, UEFA trying to help the bigger sides stay in ruins it.