G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

Positives from tonight:

-Look very good going forward

-Jota/Juranovic impressed, Ajeti looks a completely different player, Rogic was really good aswell.

Negatives:

-Too open at the back and left exposed

-Whenever we lose a goal, the team just flatlines and we give up more chances/goals in quick succession

The big issue is the negatives i mentioned have been plaguing us for as long as i can remember watching Celtic away from home in Europe and it shows no signs of remedying anytime soon. Don't think we can afford to have our fullbacks pushed as far forward as they are away from home and it doesn't help when our DM likes a risky tackle or two which puts him at risk of getting sent off.

3 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Thought Jota was really good tonight but the defence continues to baffle and cause despair.

Yes, he did, however, he gives zero defensive help and was leaving Ralston 2 on 1 all game, never tracks back.

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Yes, he did, however, he gives zero defensive help and was leaving Ralston 2 on 1 all game, never tracks back.

Neither does Rogic who at the third goal let the runner get in behind Ralston.

It may have been a better idea last night to go with the 2 holding midfielders instead of just the 1. 

But either way Betis we’re a decent side, they finished above the team who this competition last year so it’s obviously disappointing to lose from the position we were in but i also never thought for a minute thought we could go there and score 3 

4 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

We need to decide on our starting defence and play same every week

That’s hard just now with players coming in and us picking up injuries.

Our defence won’t be settled until CJ comes back and we will suffer at times for it signing a proper left back 

30 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s hard just now with players coming in and us picking up injuries.

Our defence won’t be settled until CJ comes back and we will suffer at times for it signing a proper left back 

Agree and it will take time but we need to be doing that. A settled defence goes a long way

Enjoyed that game last night,thought Turnbull stepped up played a part in all 3 goals Ajeti getting better with each game.
For me Montgomery is better than Taylor plus if McGregor,Kyogo and Forrest are playing Celtic are winning that game,hopefully they're back for the return leg. 
Would rather play that way two teams wanting to win great entertainment, white knuckle ride is here to stay.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Would rather play that way two teams wanting to win great entertainment, white knuckle ride is here to stay.

On balance cracking to watch but vulnerable against quality teams is better than shite to watch and vulnerable against quality teams.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

On balance cracking to watch but vulnerable against quality teams is better than shite to watch and vulnerable against quality teams.

I'll agree with this, watched the first half in my old mans whos recovering from hospital and he absolutely loved it, great viewing. went home and half time and caught the rest.

Neutral opinion time: That defence need sorted ASAP, Ralston has came on leaps and bounds but was horribly exposed last night by the lasck of help from Jota.  Rogic amazes me, the guys a class act and his close control and ability to get out of tight spaces is incredible, cant believe this is the same guy who had his bags packed for a transfer not too long ago.  Soro is always good for a booking, first name on my bet builder. Ajeti looks like he's coming into some form as well.

All in all a great game to watch, 2 teams doing whatever it takes to score and  I Thought Celtic were magnificent in the first 30.

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++
spelling

20 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

The turnaround in a year has been incredible,Ajeti is the only player that started against AC Milan in match day one and played against Betis on Thursday. 

• 2 weeks later...

f**k knows how we will line up tonight. Don’t fancy Montgomery at LB for it as thought he was pretty atrocious against Dundee Utd. Boli isn’t registered so might see Stones thrown in. As for midfield we get overran at times domestically with Turnbull and Rogic so would like to see the latter dropped for this. Can’t decide if I want someone who’s rusty and slow as f**k on the ball (Bitton) or someone with no discipline (Soro) instead. Oh dear.

Edited by gannonball