G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It wouldn’t matter if you’ve watched PL football or not seeing as he hasn’t played in the division since December 2018.

I’m assuming he *must* be better than Barkas and Bain by default but I don’t see how he could be good enough to justify the salary and length of contract. Would need to be at least as consistent as Forster.

English leagues are crazy on the salaries, the length of contract was probably what got the deal done, as some have menyioned he is on 15,000 per week.  That's buttons, he could be getting that playing for Hartlepool.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

English leagues are crazy on the salaries, the length of contract was probably what got the deal done, as some have menyioned he is on 15,000 per week.  That's buttons, he could be getting that playing for Hartlepool.

I’m assuming that’s exaggeration because I’d doubt there’s many - if any - players getting £15k a week below English Championship.

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’m assuming that’s exaggeration because I’d doubt there’s many - if any - players getting £15k a week below English Championship.

Average salary for Championship in 29,000

26 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I don’t think that entire article mentions a source, other than “reported figures”.

I’m the newly relegated clubs skew the average with players still on PL level money. Definitely will be a lot less further down the leagues.

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Can’t think of many occasions, if any, when the manager of a Scottish club has 2 x £5m signings and 1 x £9m signing on the bench. 

Yeah Edouard does need sat on his arse for a bit until his future is decided one way or another though, the other 2 probably lucky to be on the bench 😂