G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

Yeah lucky escape for Celtic to go out against the Danes.
Imagine the kind of damage that PSV would be doing to them now if they had lucked their way through.

6 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:
well well well

If that was the case then UEFA would have postponed tonight's game surely? They aren't going to reinstate Celtic and get PSV to play an extra game.

We don’t deserve to go through anyway 

On 01/08/2021 at 14:34, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

Checking yesterday's scores:

Mlada Boleslav 3, Jablonec 0 😮

Not entirely surprising. Mlada Boleslav are expected to improve from their usual bottom half position this season. 

We have a Slovakian music student on the ground floor of this house. (Bass guitar... You can get a degree in playing bass guitar these days🙄. Four year course. One year access & three proper🤔.) It appears the Czech equivalent of dreaded word "ambitious"🙄 was used in season previews when assessing Mlada Boleslav's chances for 21/22.

Bookies went 11/10 Mlada, 9/4 Jablonec. 

Two home goals inside the first 15 minutes, Mlada having earlier had one chalked off by VAR. 

Jablonec played their normal 4-5-1, though the #7 Považanec sat in front of the centre backs, making it more 4-1-4-1. 

Seem to have huffed & puffed without creating a lot after going 2-0 behind so early. Brought on the winger Pilar midway through the 2nd half but didn't put a 2nd striker on until they went 3-0 down. 

A guy named Skoda scored two goals. More than 50% of Mlada Boleslav's workforce is employed by Skoda.

Jablonec really don't seem up to much. Provided Celtic can put away chances more efficiently, they should get through this comfortably. 

Young Daniel Fila, formerly of Zbrojovka Brno, looks a great signing for Boleslav. They'll do better this year, specially due to the investment in the playing squad recently. 

The idea that Jablonec, perhaps the most consistent team in the Czech top tier, aren't up to much is one that I can't really agree with. Not a particularly great team in Europe, but there's a reason they end up 3-5th every season on a limited budget. Celtic will be favourites, but the attacking football that Jablonec like to serve up could a bit of a shock; although the loss of Ivan Schranz to Slavia, who was unbelievable last season, is a huge blow. Looking forward to seeing how the Czech representatives get on.

Edited by Menzel

13 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
13 hours ago, Jinky67 said:
well well well

If that was the case then UEFA would have postponed tonight's game surely? They aren't going to reinstate Celtic and get PSV to play an extra game.

True, but they could come up with an alternative solution in the event that Midtjylland forfeit both the Celtic and PSV ties. Instead of making PSV play Celtic at short notice they could put PSV through to the UCL playoff and put Celtic directly into the UEL groups, which is what Midtjylland would get if they lost "normally" to PSV. Jablonec would get a bye to the EL playoff (instead of playing Celtic) and Midtjylland would get punted down to the UECL playoffs.

That said, I think the likelier scenario is that they give PSV a walkover and put Midtjylland into the UEL groups, because UEFA didn't notify Midtjylland that there was an issue with Juninho being banned worldwide until this week. Celtic and Jablonec would carry on as normal.

Edited by JamesM82

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Listening to Ange’s interview sounds like Hart is going to play tomorrow 

I should hope so. 

I wouldn't watch an EPL game if I was paid to, but the idea that he's turned into Frank Haffey on a particularly bad day serms ridiculous. I doubt there are more than two better goalies in the Premiership. 

Potentially season-defining signing, in my view... but he'll need to be on form until some defenders arrive.

20 minutes ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

I should hope so. 

I wouldn't watch an EPL game if I was paid to, but the idea that he's turned into Frank Haffey on a particularly bad day serms ridiculous. I doubt there are more than two better goalies in the Premiership. 

Potentially season-defining signing, in my view... but he'll need to be on form until some defenders arrive.

I’m giving you an upvote for using a Frank Haffey reference in 2021

It wouldn’t matter if you’ve watched PL football or not seeing as he hasn’t played in the division since December 2018.

I’m assuming he *must* be better than Barkas and Bain by default but I don’t see how he could be good enough to justify the salary and length of contract. Would need to be at least as consistent as Forster.