G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

Just now, senorsoupe said:

Pedro got 27 games in all competitions.  Assuming Celtic get beaten by Galatasaray in the next round that would probably leave him about 20 league games (factoring in league cup), bringing him to January (ish), which judging by this performance is unlikely. 

Celtic aren’t playing Galatasaray in the Europa League, St Johnstone are.

They’re playing Jablonec of Czech Republic.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

A bit disrespectful to both Jablonec and the Saintees.

My bad, for some reason I had it in my head that Celtic were playing Galatasaray. 

I don't know anything about Jablonec but I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Celtic

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't really think that shambles falls on the manager.

He’s probably the only one from top to bottom that can get a get out of jail free card for this   

Edited by Drew Brees

How on earth do you get into a situation where you go into such a massive game with Bain in goal, Ralston at right back and 2 young central defenders??

Ralston was one of the poorest players we had in a long time when he was on loan at us, so no idea he is still at Celtic.

If I was a celtic supporter, I wouldn't want to see Bain between the sticks ever again. Chasing the game st the end and he's kicking it right out of play or to no one. Total bombscare.

Probably the most damning thing for Celtic is that every team in the premiership will be looking forward to playing this team. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't really think that shambles falls on the manager.

It sounds ridiculous but I think he did quite well to take Midtjylland to extra-time with that squad. They’re not some pub team.

It is a dereliction of duty bordering on self-sabotage for the club to have wasted so much time waiting on Eddie Howe. New signings needed to be in for the qualifiers and that should have included a keeper and at least two new centre backs.

Would not be shocked if they end up losing the EL qualifier as well tbh.

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

How on earth do you get into a situation where you go into such a massive game with Bain and Goal, Ralston at right back and 2 young central defenders??

Ralston was one of the poorest players we had in a long time when he was on loan at us, so no idea he is still at Celtic.

If I was a celtic supporter, I wouldn't want to see Bain between the sticks ever again. Chasing the game st the end and he's kicking it right out of play or to no one. Total bombscare.

Probably the most damning thing for Celtic is that every team in the premiership will be looking forward to playing this team. 

Yeah, like Caixinha/Murty era Sevco.

Everyone licking their hands and rubbing their lips before playing them.