G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

You’ve got to laugh, Celtic had a good keeper in Craig Gordon who’d kept them in numerous European games but decided to constantly chase Fraser Forster leading to Gordon returning to Hearts they then missed out on Forster and they’ve absolutely nothing at the back now.  Unless they sign someone they’re winning nothing this season. 

Honestly can take a few positives from tonight. We weren't as bad as i feared we might be and until Bitton's red card I thought we were playing some very nice stuff going forward. And again when it was 10 a piece we really should have buried them, but alas we didnt and it cost us.

But unfortunately it was another reminder of what we all knew already, that the likes of Barkas, Bitton , Ralston/Taylor just arn't going to cut it (the first two being shite and the latter two just ain't good enough).

Why the backline hasn't been sorted is a fucking mystery only the idiots in the board room can answer

3 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

Honestly can take a few positives from tonight. We weren't as bad as i feared we might be and until Bitton's red card I thought we were playing some very nice stuff going forward. And again when it was 10 a piece we really should have buried them, but alas we didnt and it cost us.

But unfortunately it was another reminder of what we all knew already, that the likes of Barkas, Bitton , Ralston/Taylor just arn't going to cut it (the first two being shite and the latter two just ain't good enough).

Why the backline hasn't been sorted is a fucking mystery only the idiots in the board room can answer

You are rumoured to be in for Forster again. He was first choice in the EPL at the end of last season. Why on earth would he be interested to leaving again to rejoin that shambles?

40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We have hit the post, hit the bar, Edouard should have scored.

Barkas has had 1 thing to do and he fucked it

The reason you didn’t win tonight is that your manager and board seem to have ignored the biggest issue that plagued Celtic last season .

A bombscare selection of goalkeepers and a weak as piss defence.

Edited by Forever_blueco

John Collins saying that Celtic have nothing to worry about. He says they will go over to Denmark and score goals and get through the tie comfortably. No one asked Collins why they didn’t do that tonight, if it’s going to be that easy.

7 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The reason you didn’t win tonight is that your manager and board seem to have ignored the biggest issue that plagued Celtic last season .

Pretty much bang on. 

15 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

Was it not Ange that extended Ralston’s contract by 12 months ? You could have got rid for free.

Ange obviously sees a player he can work with and improve.

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Was it not Ange that extended Ralston’s contract by 12 months ? You could have got rid for free.

Or Ange did not want to start the season without a senior right-back and was so desperate that he extended Ralston's contract?

26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Probably because he was the only RB we had on the books with any 1st team experience

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

Don’t really disagree too much, hard to lay too much fault on the manager though as by all accounts he seems to want things to happen faster than they are judging by his recent comments.

I felt Welsh and Murray were relatively untroubled for most of the second half, scares the shit out of me though having to go to Denmark with just those 2.

Edited by Jinky67

29 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have criticised Daft Wee Drew a lot over the years but I have to admire 1. his stance on The Groomer and 2. his analysis of tonight.

Why do you even begin to imagine that anyone gives even the merest of fucks what you think?