Premiership Predictor 2021/22

Why do St Johnstone fans take offence at absolutely everything?! The post didn’t even say they were in financial trouble. Perth has a lot to answer for.
1. I didn't take offence, I questioned something that someone posted.

2. The post specifically mentions a number of clubs who are "more likely to run into financial trouble before Ross County", including St Johnstone.

3. It's a forum, discussion is what it's for.

Nope! I don't think Sainties are likely to run into serious financial trouble - in the sense of going tits up or even having to release half the squad. That's not what I said. That's not what I meant. Very well run club. Best run club in the Premiership by some way. Sadly, with no fans in, the two cup wins will have meant less of a boost to their finances than they deserve. I'd guess Sainties income streams overall for 20/21 were well down on 19/20, as were everyone else's. The budget in Perth for 21/22 might be lower than it was for last season. Covid-19 may not have run its course just yet. 
Bookies will price up the 21/22 season on the likelihood of things that may happen in 21/22... not on the prospects of a meltdown five years hence. Possible budget cuts this season will have an impact on clubs' chances in the 21/22 campaign and will be factored in to bookies' prices. Possible - or even probable - bankruptcy in two or three years' time doesn't impact on clubs' chances this season.
Ross County will likely be in serious trouble if/when Uncle Roy ups anchor, but his track record suggests he will keep bankrolling the budget to their usual level. He will fill in the holes on their finances. If Ross are again 4 points adrift at the bottom when the winter transfer window arrives, he will be far more likely to bring out the chequebook than the directors at Sainties or any other club who have an eye on their club's medium-term health and are attempting to stick to a budget.
As you say in your last paragraph, Ross County will be in trouble when Uncle Roy has enough or croaks. Saints model is more sustainable. Covid will have affected all clubs' finances, but Saints are in very good hands.

30 minutes ago, deej said:

1. Far

2. Too

3. Early

4. To

5. Predict 

6. How 

7. The

8. League 

9. Table 

10. Will 

11. Finish

12. Dundee

1. It

2. Won't

3. Be

4.The

5. Hoopies. 

6. Angie

7. Will

8. See

9. To

10. That

11. Biscuit

12. Tin

😂

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Loving Livi fans positivity whilst questioning other clubs players ability. Real looking glass moment, that. 

In my much-anticipated prediction I've contemplated having them 11th. I'm sure that will get blasted, but they were absolutely dreadful from February on in the league.

2 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

In my much-anticipated prediction I've contemplated having them 11th. I'm sure that will get blasted, but they were absolutely dreadful from February on in the league.

I think it will be good seeing your predictions as you are a neutral fan who has followed closely.

Unless Dundee are bottom, then we may have to reassess your 'c**t' status.

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think it will be good seeing your predictions as you are a neutral fan who has followed closely.

Unless Dundee are bottom, then we may have to reassess your 'c**t' status.

Keep in mind I did have Motherwell fourth last season, haha.

Waiting to see more signings, but it does give me some encouragement if @craigkillie -- who is one of the more level-headed posters on here -- and myself are on the same page regarding Livi.

49 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Think it was the fallout at hangover from losing a cup final. Post split games are hard to win too when it's top 6. We've replaced and recruited better than what we had.

Most of the players we lost weren't first team regulars:

Efe Ambrose, JET, Robinson, Lithgow, De Vita, Lawson, Stewart, Taylor-Sinclair and Tiffoney. 

Replaced by Bruce Anderson, Adam Lewis (Liverpool U18 Captain a few years ago), Montano (almost 200 games down south), Obileye (TOTY Championship last season), Parkes (200+ games down south at L1/L2) and Penrice who's just a young guy who can add a bit of rotation.

We're far stronger than last season already I'd imagine, albeit just with a smaller squad.

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Think it was the fallout at hangover from losing a cup final. Post split games are hard to win too when it's top 6. We've replaced and recruited better than what we had.

Most of the players we lost weren't first team regulars:

Efe Ambrose, JET, Robinson, Lithgow, De Vita, Lawson, Stewart, Taylor-Sinclair and Tiffoney. 

Replaced by Bruce Anderson, Adam Lewis (Liverpool U18 Captain a few years ago), Montano (almost 200 games down south), Obileye (TOTY Championship last season), Parkes (200+ games down south at L1/L2) and Penrice who's just a young guy who can add a bit of rotation.

We're far stronger than last season already I'd imagine, albeit just with a smaller squad.

You've said this twice now, and I'm still very much unconvinced. I think Guthrie going, which looking fairly certain, will be a massive blow imo. We'll see if he is matched by the new incomings, but for now the lack of hype around Living justified.

FWIW this isn't a bias thing, happy to say I predicted you'd get top 6 last season, but not so sure this time around.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

You've said this twice now, and I'm still very much unconvinced. I think Guthrie going, which looking fairly certain, will be a massive blow imo. We'll see if he is matched by the new incomings, but for now the lack of hype around Living justified.

FWIW this isn't a bias thing, happy to say I predicted you'd get top 6 last season, but not so sure this time around.

Yeah Guthrie is a big blow but I think we've replaced him almost like for like in Parkes, beyond that I can't see much else outgoing that has weakened us. Obviously if Parkes turns out shite it makes it more interesting but apparently we're signing another CB with 200+ games in L1/L2 down south as well

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

20 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah Guthrie is a big blow but I think we've replaced him almost like for like in Parkes, beyond that I can't see much else outgoing that has weakened us. Obviously if Parkes turns out shite it makes it more interesting but apparently we're signing another CB with 200+ games in L1/L2 down south as well

Not so sure Guthrie will be a massive loss this season, certainly nowhere near to what we lost with Halkett, and Gallagher (who were both consistently good for us). Guthrie managed to fill the hole they left though and was our PoTY, but last season he just wasn't the same player, still did a decent enough job but not an outstanding one.

If it was last season he had been leaving i'd have been gutted, after him having such a great season for us, not so much now, after him having a so so season of form.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Keep in mind I did have Motherwell fourth last season, haha.

Waiting to see more signings, but it does give me some encouragement if @craigkillie -- who is one of the more level-headed posters on here -- and myself are on the same page regarding Livi.

Yep he's normally an informed poster, but on predictions he's off his nut on something predicting Hearts and Motherwell will finish above Aberdeen & St Johnstone, let alone having us 12th.

Predictions are normally wild at this stage anyway, and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not so sure Guthrie will be a massive loss this season, certainly nowhere near to what we lost with Halkett, and Gallagher (who were both consistently good for us). Guthrie managed to fill the hole they left though and was our PoTY, but last season he just wasn't the same player, still did a decent enough job but not an outstanding one.

If it was last season he had been leaving i'd have been gutted, after him having such a great season for us, not so much now, after him having a so so season of form.

Yeah absolutely this, Gallagher and Halkett were/will be far bigger losses than Guthrie and we lost those two in the same season and went on to do better

30 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep he's normally an informed poster, but on predictions he's off his nut on something predicting Hearts and Motherwell will finish above Aberdeen & St Johnstone, let alone having us 12th.

Predictions are normally wild at this stage anyway, and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

For sure. Just thinking about it, at the moment, it seems like 4-11 could be a giant toss-up. For instance, I could see St. Johnstone finishing fourth but I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 11th, either.

And with no one knowing what the hell is going on at Aberdeen or United, and Motherwell needing to sign another 5 guys, it's gonna be a wild few weeks.