Premiership Predictor 2021/22

One part of me is slightly worried about us and how we still need another 3 or 4 good players in, and then another part of me is surprised to see people putting Livi below teams like St Mirren/Ross County and both Dundee sides when we've been so consistent in getting decent finishes.

I'm worried we could shit the bed and go down, but I don't feel like any of the sides above, or Motherwell/Hearts have seriously strengthened any more than we have so far. Still a long way to go in the window though

Edited by ATLIS

2 hours ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

No bookie has chalked up yet. I doubt you'll be favourites at this stage. Dundee would still be seen as more likely for the drop, but you would be comfortably 2nd in the lists. Uncle Roy is more likely to find a fiver down the back of the sofa than some other chairmen/boards. Bookies won't be keen to have Ross too short, as this would mean offering tempting prices about United, Livi, Well, both sets of Saints and, indeed, Dundee - all of whom are more likely to run into financial trouble than Ross, so long as Uncle Roy remains in good health.

Jumping in on one thing here, sorry if I’m being obvious, and I don’t know the ins and outs of every other clubs’ finances  but do you really think St. Johnstone are likely to run into financial trouble? The Browns have always been very smart with their money and that’s before you take into account prize money from the cups and league placing. And the £15 million we’re  all expecting for Ali McCann………..

No bookie has chalked up yet. I doubt you'll be favourites at this stage. Dundee would still be seen as more likely for the drop, but you would be comfortably 2nd in the lists. Uncle Roy is more likely to find a fiver down the back of the sofa than some other chairmen/boards. Bookies won't be keen to have Ross too short, as this would mean offering tempting prices about United, Livi, Well, both sets of Saints and, indeed, Dundee - all of whom are more likely to run into financial trouble than Ross, so long as Uncle Roy remains in good health.
St Johnstone in financial trouble before Ross County? Aye okay.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

St Johnstone in financial trouble before Ross County? Aye okay.

Nope! I don't think Sainties are likely to run into serious financial trouble - in the sense of going tits up or even having to release half the squad. That's not what I said. That's not what I meant. Very well run club. Best run club in the Premiership by some way. Sadly, with no fans in, the two cup wins will have meant less of a boost to their finances than they deserve. I'd guess Sainties income streams overall for 20/21 were well down on 19/20, as were everyone else's. The budget in Perth for 21/22 might be lower than it was for last season. Covid-19 may not have run its course just yet. 

Bookies will price up the 21/22 season on the likelihood of things that may happen in 21/22... not on the prospects of a meltdown five years hence. Possible budget cuts this season will have an impact on clubs' chances in the 21/22 campaign and will be factored in to bookies' prices. Possible - or even probable - bankruptcy in two or three years' time doesn't impact on clubs' chances this season.

Ross County will likely be in serious trouble if/when Uncle Roy ups anchor, but his track record suggests he will keep bankrolling the budget to their usual level. He will fill in the holes on their finances. If Ross are again 4 points adrift at the bottom when the winter transfer window arrives, he will be far more likely to bring out the chequebook than the directors at Sainties or any other club who have an eye on their club's medium-term health and are attempting to stick to a budget.

5 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

1. Celtic
2. Rangers
3. Hibs
4. St Johnstone
5. Aberdeen
6. Hearts
7. St Mirren
8. Ross County
9. Motherwell
10. Livingston
11. Dundee Utd

12. Dundee

Danny Mullen to relegate The Midden.

1. Rangers

2. Celtic 

3. Hibs 

4. Aberdeen 

5. St Johnstone

6. St Mirren 

7. Motherwell 

8. Hearts 

9.  Dundee

10. Livingston 

11. Dundee United

12.  Ross County 

Crystal Ball Wizard GIF by Verohallinto

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

McBookie has....

Screenshot_20210622-052037_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f0711fb45079a8e2e70fe092022a064b.jpg

Sigh!🙄.

Yup. McBookie - and almost everyone else - went up on the outright 21/22 Premiership as soon as Rangers had clinched the title. Some were taking bets on next season before Rangers had won. As I pointed out elsewhere, Bet365 went up on the opening Premiership games two hours after the fixtures came out. Most other bookies are up on the opening games too. However, none of the gutless parasites has yet chalked up on a Wooden Spoon or Relegation market... or a Without The Old Firm market... or a To Make The Top Six market... or a Handicap market... or any markets on the lower divisions, cups or League Cup groups. Bookies think it's too early to make predictions - or to allow anyone else to make predictions with the bookies' money at stake.

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

1. Rangers
2. Celtic
3. Hibs
4. St.Johnstone
5. Dundee
6. St.Mirren
7. Aberdeen 
8. Motherwell
9. Dundee United
10. Livingston
11. Ross County
12. Hearts

Good Cnut ^^^

15 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

1. Celtic
2. Rangers
3. Hibs
4. St Johnstone
5. Aberdeen
6. Hearts
7. St Mirren
8. Ross County
9. Motherwell
10. Livingston
11. Dundee Utd

12. Dundee

Cnut^^^

15 hours ago, ATLIS said:

One part of me is slightly worried about us and how we still need another 3 or 4 good players in, and then another part of me is surprised to see people putting Livi below teams like St Mirren/Ross County and both Dundee sides when we've been so consistent in getting decent finishes.

I'm worried we could shit the bed and go down, but I don't feel like any of the sides above, or Motherwell/Hearts have seriously strengthened any more than we have so far. Still a long way to go in the window though

Yeah despite our defensive frailties defending set pieces we finished top 6, and Martindale has already made signings to fix that problem, and also in getting us more goals from set pieces. The poor results after the cup final defeat prob has a lot of them putting us down near the bottom, but it wont be the same squad of players this season, and i think DM is freshening it up enough to have us up around 6th to 9th place.

Hearts are only being put about 6th due to their finances/lfanbase, but that didn't stop them getting relegated, and there are question marks over how they'll handle the top flight again, can see them being bottom 6 this season. 

St Johnstone finished the season the form team, if they can have a strong start this time they'll challenge for a top 4 place, after the season Davidson had i wouldn't put it beyond him to get 3rd place, and he still wouldn't get their MoTY award.

Only really 5 teams i'd be confident predicting to finish in the top 6 though, same ones that were top 5 last season, the rest are fighting for that 6th place or avoiding relegation.

Obviously far too early to have a decent chance of getting this correct, so here goes:

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Hibs

4. Aberdeen

5. Motherwell

6. Hearts

7. Livingston

8. St Johnstone

9. St Mirren

10. Dundee Utd

11. Dundee

12. Ross County

5 -12 are pretty much toss a coin, wouldn't be surprised at anything, apart from Ross County being Top 6...

f**k it I'll go for an early thoughts prediction :D 

1. Rangers - Celtic have too much to rebuild to actually catch up
2. Celtic - Even with the rebuild anything other than top 2 is bye bye Ange and embarrassment. 
3. Hibs - Good manager, seem to build well and have the basis of a really strong core squad.
4. St Johnstone - Could push 3rd but I reckon COVID will limit their squad building ability and could lose a few. Continuity on their success as long as Europe doesn't knacker them
5. Aberdeen - Slowly becoming a junior affiliate side for a mid table American side, hardly inspiring. Big learning curve for Glass and a squad that doesn't look that strong at all
6. Livi - A bit stronger than last season's squad and only Guthrie left to leave. We're somewhat consistent in getting here pre-split then just getting the cigar oot and avoiding Europe.
7. Motherwell - A big loss in Gallagher even if he was posted missing after signing a precontract. Strengthening with some unknown quality and boys to play anywhere across the front 3
8. St Mirren - A team that strengthens from Scotland consistently but are set to lose a few big players soon and recruiting in this COVID/Brexit market can be hard. LOI can only go so far.
9. Hearts -  A team with money to spend and useless scouts to spend it. Neilson leaves for Carlisle in November as another plane flies over in protest. They'll make one good signing.
10. Dundee -  Can Adam's legs last another year? Danny Mullen isn't anything special so missing some goals. Byrne and McCowan good players but missing a few bigger signings.
11. Ross County - A huge turnover of experienced players and legends, a racist arse in charge. COVID stopping players from leaving the Highlands. Roy's millions will be out in force, in vain.
12. Dundee Utd - 'The Tam Courts Gamble' will fail spectacularly but Utd can't afford to sack him or replace him. Shankland to be sold and Clarke up front on his own for 5 months.

Edited by ATLIS

I'd take 10th for us tbqh - anything higher would be a bonus.

Still too early to make a final prediction but my initial thoughts are:

1 Rangers
2 Celtic
3 Hibs
4 Aberdeen
5 St Johnstone
6 Hearts
7 Livingston
8 Motherwell
9 St Mirren
10 Dundee
11 Dundee United