World's Strongest Man

Can't see a thread on it but I'm hearing that Tom Stoltman from Invergordon is 1 point in the lead going into the last round on the 2021 World's Strongest Man competition.

Can't find it anywhere live online but hopefully he can win the final event, atlas stones and claim the title. His older brother Luke is currently 3rd behind the big American Brian Shaw.

Hopefully another Scottish world champion 💪🏆🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤞

Fantastic achievement for the big man. Just a pity his brother ended up 7th - still a great achievement in itself mind you. Looking at the results an extra rep from Brian in the deadlift would have seen him crowned the champion. Events totally suited Tom this year, dropped some points on events I thought he'd smash (max log being one) but pulled it out the bag in the end. Just a pisser we have to wait until Christmas to actually watch it but that's tradition. Can't wait to see the Heats as well - it sounded epic. 

11 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Can't see a thread on it but I'm hearing that Tom Stoltman from Invergordon is 1 point in the lead going into the last round on the 2021 World's Strongest Man competition.

Can't find it anywhere live online but hopefully he can win the final event, atlas stones and claim the title. His older brother Luke is currently 3rd behind the big American Brian Shaw.

Hopefully another Scottish world champion 💪🏆🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤞

Thanks thats just ruined my post Christmas TV viewing!

Only joking, congrats to the big man, and I'll probably have forgotten by then anyway

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Fair play but he's from Invergordon...why does he support a Glasgow club...

*****sigh*****

Afraid that's been traditional in the Highlands for generations, getting a bit better in recent years with Caley and County making their mark occasionally.

Aye there's far more youngsters supporting The Caley and County here than there used to be but there's still born and bred Highlanders who support clubs 200+ miles from them.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The 2022 edition of World's Strongest Man kicks off this week in Sacramento. Tom Stoltman is the reigning champion. 

Cumbernauld's Andy Black will be taking part after he was drafted in to replace Ireland's Pa O'Dwyer at the last minute. 

No sure how much of this you can see live through the night. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The 2022 edition of World's Strongest Man kicks off this week in Sacramento. Tom Stoltman is the reigning champion. 

Cumbernauld's Andy Black will be taking part after he was drafted in to replace Ireland's Pa O'Dwyer at the last minute. 

No sure how much of this you can see live through the night. 

For some bizarre reason, they show it on TV in the UK but not until the week between Christmas and new year. Until a few years ago I had no idea that it was actually held in the summer. 

It's a strange set-up they have for their TV deals. The wife and I were at an event in Sheffield pre-Covid and did the meet and greet bit, and the organiser was asked about this beforehand, and said it was worth more to them to let TV companies sit on the highlights for months and show it at Christmas than to stream it or try and get it on a channel closer to the time of the event. The event we were at was in January and didn't appear on TV til just before Christmas. 

Herself tried looking for coverage through the night during the last edition of the competition and there wasn't much to be seen. IIRC some offshoot of CBS in America showed it. There was a constant live feed on Facebook but it didn't show any of the events.