2021/22 PREDICTIONS

1. Kilmarnock- Pains me to say it up but I think they will win the league. They have obviously signed almost a completely new squad and they will require time to do gel but I think they should win it. Tommy Wright is without a doubt the best manager in the league and if Kilmarnock are toiling in January you’d suspect he will be given the funds to get them over the line.

2. Dunfermline Athletic- There transfer business has been very good signing some really good players such as Todorov, Dorrans and Kai Kennedy. There is only negative is I don’t think Peter Grant is a very good manager and had they managed to appoint Stuart Petrie I would of been tipping them to win the league.

3. Partick Thistle- Ian McCall is a wily old fox and I suspect him to have a very good season with Thistle. I’ve said it on the Ayr thread but I’m massively jealous of them signing Cammy Smith. Him playing behind Brian Graham and Zak Rudden should bag Thistle lots of goals. 

4. Inverness Caledonian Thistle- Have made some really good signings during the window, Kirk Broadfoot not included however having Billy Dodds being their manager will be a hinderance. He’ll be emptied by Christmas and ICT will grab the last playoff spot.

5. Raith Rovers- Had a brilliant season last year in their 1st year back in this division however have lost some very good players, Hendry in particular and not repealed them with the same quality. They will just narrowly miss out on the playoffs.

6. Hamilton Accies- They looked pretty dreadful against ourselves a couple of weeks back and we’re possibly even worse in the 1st half v Albion Rovers however I don’t think they will will trouble the relegation spots (nor the promotion ones) and it’ll be a pretty meh season. 

7. Ayr United- A couple weeks ago ago I’d of had us in the relegation spots however we’ve made a couple of decent signings this week with hopefully a couple more to come in the next week. I don’t think it’ll be great under Hoppy but we’ll certainly be organised.

8. Queen Of The South- Think I tipped them 10th last year and they had a great season however they have lost all their better players in Ayo, Shields and the Rangers loanees. I look at their squad and just think there isn’t a lot there. We still won’t win at Palmerston though.

9. Arbroath- Arbroath now the only part time team in the league but like a typical Dick Campbell team they will be hard to beat. Wouldn’t be surprised if they avoided relegation playoffs again.

10. Greenock Morton- Despite us taking 4 of their haddies (2 we’re actually quite good) they still have managed to come into this season looking worse squad wise than last year. They still look 5 or 5 quality players away from competing and unless they get that they will be straight down. We took the Sean McGinty hit but they’ve arguably took the bigger hit with Flapjack Hamilton. 

Hive mind predictions /analysis will be up on Monday, but for my own predictions 

Killie 

Dunfermline 

Raith 

Thistle 

ICT 

QoS 

Hamilton 

Ayr 

Arbroath 

Morton 

Queens and ICT the hardest to call for me, wouldn't be surprised if Queens either finished top 3 or last. 

1.Killie

2.Thistle

3.Dunfermline

4.Hamilton

5.Raith

6.ICT

7.Ayr

8.QOS

9.Arbroath

10.Morton

Maybe a tad generous putting us 7th but I couldn't stand to put us below either QOS or Morton. Think Raith could be in for a bit of a more difficult second season but still have enough to be floating amongst a playoff place. Wouldn't surprise me to see McCall pushing for second, expecting lots of goals similar to his team at Ayr.

1. Dunfermline

2. Partick Th

3. Killie

4. Raith

5. Ayr

6. Hamilton

7. ICT

8. QoS

9. Morton

10. Arbroath

Although if we don't sign some players very soon make that Morton 10th.

1 - Dunfermline

2 - Hamilton

3 - Kilmarnock 

4 - Partick

5 - Raith

6- ICT

7- Arbroath

8- Ayr

9- Morton

10- QoS

Last place was fairly easy to predict, other than that it was tough. 

1 - Dunfermline
2 - Hamilton
3 - Kilmarnock 
4 - Partick
5 - Raith
6- ICT
7- Arbroath
8- Ayr
9- Morton
10- QoS
Last place was fairly easy to predict, other than that it was tough. 
That the mask finally slipping? [emoji38]

So a round total of 70 predictions in 1-10 format were submitted prior to 3pm Saturday, a couple of people revised their original picks so took the most recent.

Not an even spread across the clubs with 13 Ayr fans and 11 Thistle fans submitting but only 1 Arbroath fan, plus 9 folk who either have no team on profile or a non-Championship Club.

Anyway, the final hive mind table is as follows:

1) Kilmarnock
2) Dunfermline
3) Raith Rovers
4) ICT
5) Partick Thistle
6) Hamilton Accies
7) Queen of the South
8. Ayr United
9) Arbroath
10) Morton

The vast majority of the early picks were for Killie but in the last 7-10 days before the season started it was very even between them and Dunfermline for league winners. 

The 5 most popular picks were 

1) Kilmarnock to win the league
2) Morton to be bottom
3) Dunfermline to be second
4) Hamilton to be 6th
5) QoS to be 7th

Will keep the picks and see who got closest in May.

final.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
So a round total of 70 predictions in 1-10 format were submitted prior to 3pm Saturday, a couple of people revised their original picks so took the most recent.
Not an even spread across the clubs with 13 Ayr fans and 11 Thistle fans submitting but only 1 Arbroath fan, plus 9 folk who either have no team on profile or a non-Championship Club.
Anyway, the final hive mind table is as follows:
1) Kilmarnock
2) Dunfermline
3) Raith Rovers
4) ICT
5) Partick Thistle
6) Hamilton Accies
7) Queen of the South
8. Ayr United
9) Arbroath
10) Morton
The vast majority of the early picks were for Killie but in the last 7-10 days before the season started it was very even between them and Dunfermline for league winners. 
The 5 most popular picks were 
1) Kilmarnock to win the league
2) Morton to be bottom
3) Dunfermline to be second
4) Hamilton to be 6th
5) QoS to be 7th
Will keep the picks and see who got closest in May.

final.PNG.f2035706339c94a528b29fa314f809d7.PNG

Arbroath underestimated and Dunfermline overestimated, but broadly pretty close so far.