2021/22 PREDICTIONS

Yaaay, love these, especially when my team's not in it. Might be the toughest it's been to call for some time. Killie and Dunfermline for me are the hazy favourites, but the inherent meh-ness of even them brings a strong element of unpredictability to the whole league. Fully expect to come back and balk at my picks here.

Dunfermline Athletic
Kilmarnock
Partick Thistle
Raith Rovers
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Ayr United
Hamilton Academical
Arbroath
Greenock Morton

Queen of the South

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

It's a league where everyone is capable of  beating  evreyone else on their day. It's hard to see anyone going on a long run of wins or defeats. Squad depth will count for a lot, with injuries and suspensions coming into play - that's why we won't win [emoji849]
We have not a hope in heck of winning the league we are already about half a dozen players short and IMO very lightweight up front.

Not going to pin on positions yet until seeing the squads near enough finished around league cup time.
Current expectations based on skeleton teams. 

Contenders: Dunfermline, Raith, Partick, Killie
Nearly rans: Hamilton, Inverness
Relegation battlers: Arbroath, Morton, Queens, Ayr

For Ayr we need some big signings to bolster our attack, one of our biggest problems (there were fires everywhere tbf) has been the lack of a goal scorer. It cost Kerr his job and completely neutered any attacking threat we may have brought to counteract against our riot of a defence. Releasing Craig Moore might come back to bite us as there is a player in there if he's able to stay fit. We've also lost Sinisalo who is better than most keepers that would be available for us to sign outright, he was kept very busy and lead the way for number of saves for most of the season. Plus point at the back this year is the release of Sam Roscoe, Fjortoft coming in is an upgrade on him and Jack Baird atleast. 

47 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Not going to pin on positions yet until seeing the squads near enough finished around league cup time.
Current expectations based on skeleton teams. 

Contenders: Dunfermline, Raith, Partick, Killie
Nearly rans: Hamilton, Inverness
Relegation battlers: Arbroath, Morton, Queens, Ayr

For Ayr we need some big signings to bolster our attack, one of our biggest problems (there were fires everywhere tbf) has been the lack of a goal scorer. It cost Kerr his job and completely neutered any attacking threat we may have brought to counteract against our riot of a defence. Releasing Craig Moore might come back to bite us as there is a player in there if he's able to stay fit. We've also lost Sinisalo who is better than most keepers that would be available for us to sign outright, he was kept very busy and lead the way for number of saves for most of the season. Plus point at the back this year is the release of Sam Roscoe, Fjortoft coming in is an upgrade on him and Jack Baird atleast. 

Can't disagree with that. I might have made it a 50/50 split with ICT among the contenders and Accies in the bottom half.

As ever it's far too early to make predictions with so many signings to come and I'll wait until just before the League Cup starts when squads are in a better shape before having a go at a table, but leaning into the lazy journalism cliche the league is harder to predict than ever as it stands.

Killie clearly have the best manager in the division but at the moment the squad isn't really anything to shout about. It would be entirely unsurprising to see Hamilton either challenging for the title or falling straight into another relegation battle. Partick aren't looking like obvious relegation candidates based on the business they've done so far.

Dunfermline and ICT have question marks over the managers, Raith have big signings to make with Hendry away as well as needing centre forwards in, there are alarm bells for Morton and Ayr but a lot of recruitment to go, Queen of the South are having a big turnover again and Arbroath will probably be more of the same.

There's too much still up in the air to be confident of anything other than Kilmarnock being in the top four and Ayr, Morton and Arbroath not being in it.

I'll wait n see what firepower TW brings in but at the moment, as it stands, we dont have a strong enough starting 11 to win the league....

Edited by C4mmy31

Title will be contested between Dunfermline, Killie, Thistle and Accies.

ICT and Raith Rovers play off contenders

The rest in relegation contention.

Pretty much what a lot of people are thinking. 

There will be a shock position or two in there undoubtedly though

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

My word.

Not looking good for QoS is it,   not even quoted. I'll say 100/1. 

Edit to add: Of course we could be missing from the top end of the list. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Surprised so many people have us top four. We've lost a few key players in Hendry (arguably player of the season for the whole of the division last year), MacDonald and Armstrong. We're reliant on the fitness of Lewis Vaughan and Ross Matthews (the latter of whom is currently has a recurring injury with no timescale for recovery). If we do make top four I'd be delighted, but I think we'll be 6th or 7th.